Req Release instead of album
I am not sure if this suggestion has been made before.

I have a large music collection with various editions of albums e.g. original vinyl, remastered CD, releases from other countries with bonus tracks etc. My folder structure is:

Artist/Album[Year][Release Country][Medium]

Now obviously XBMC works from the tags and then in the library mixes all these various releases into one album.

I would really like to avoid having to alter the tags to separate these in XBMC. What I would like to suggest is a library that can recognise release tags added by musicbrainz and therefore display the various releases separately.

Is this something that someone who can develope might consider?
Have you tried this in Gotham, because there is support for musicbrainz album Id which I think needs to be the release ID not the release group. So I think already if you use different album IDs they will be given different library entries, though I have not tested this. If you use the music library setting "override tags", it should give you the album name that comes from musicbrainz based on the release id. But there isn't any support for type such as LP, CD, digital single, etc.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Release instead of album0