RaspPi Gotham 13.0 - Empty Upnp Folders
Hey

Maybe someone already solved this problem for himself, but I have no clue at the moment how to further work on it.
Following problem:
I have an Raspberry Pi with raspbmc Gotham 13.0 (clean new install, no upgrade from frodo) - it is connected to my network via LAN and supposed to stream files from an external HDD (own power source) to my PS3 via upnp and also to play them on the connected TV. It already worked previous with the 12.3 (+/- 0.1) version. (but because of some other issues i had to wipe the OS)

After installing the Gotham build I activated upnp and found the raspPi with my PS3 and PC as mediaserver without problems.
The point is - if I'm trying to play files via upnp, i don't see any files. It lets me choose the external drive and then says "empty folder".
For PC I can access the raspPi not as mediaserver, but over network and see the hdd and every file as it's supposed to be. But that won't for for my PS3.

Any suggestion why the folders are displayed empty when accessed over upnp as media-server?
Thanks in advance!
-Kane
Seeing same thing with my upnp client for my harddrive. Also running Gotham 13.0.

It seems to work for a folder containing a few subitems (on sdcard), but my main folder (external usb2.0) which has 112 entries is too much (my guess) and shows no items in it.

I am using UPnPlay on android and djmount on ubuntu and they are seeing the same things. Was working fine with 12.3.
Posted this problem in another Forum and got one (out of 2) answers that was helpful.

"new with gotham for upnp : the published folder must be a source
ie : you should create a media source for you external hd "

It worked for me in the following way: [Solution]
I went into the video folder, chose "add video source", took the home folder and then the media-folder were i found my external hdd. And added it once more as media-source
Now I have it 2 times shown in the menu, but at least one of those is working as a media server.

Maybe its not the best 'solution', but a pretty easy work-around
Just upgraded to Gotham 13.1 and UPnP shares are still not showing up on my Pi. Kane, your workaround is confusing me... have either one of you guys found a proper fix yet. Like both of you, was working fine before Gotham.

Never mind. For some reason, when I went to video library to chose as a source and went into titles, no title were showing up. However, if I chose it anyway, they all showed up after selecting the source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspPi Gotham 13.0 - Empty Upnp Folders0