Hybrid Vs CCM
I am trying to figure out what the difference between these Hybrid and CCM (Confluence Customizable Mod) are mudislander is supporting both but not sure which one is best to use which is more likely to continue development and which is more customizable?
I'm confused too Big Grin

Seriously I think Hybrid is my favourite and it's in the official repo, plus I run it on my home machine. I was going to stop CCM with Frodo, but it's more popular than Hybrid (wtf) so will continue with it. CCM is more open to public requests than Hybrid though. ATM I think Hybrid is more customizable than CCM, but that could depend on what you're looking for. The other fact is that originally CCM was created as a proof of concept for the menu system I wanted to use for Hybrid whivh is why I've let them be so similar + I'm too lazy to code something totally different..

So in short - my vote Hybrid = +1 CCM = 0
Noli illegitimi carborundum

(2014-05-19, 18:18)Mudislander Wrote: I'm confused too Big Grin

Seriously I think Hybrid is my favourite and it's in the official repo, plus I run it on my home machine. I was going to stop CCM with Frodo, but it's more popular than Hybrid (wtf) so will continue with it. CCM is more open to public requests than Hybrid though. ATM I think Hybrid is more customizable than CCM, but that could depend on what you're looking for. The other fact is that originally CCM was created as a proof of concept for the menu system I wanted to use for Hybrid whivh is why I've let them be so similar + I'm too lazy to code something totally different..

So in short - my vote Hybrid = +1 CCM = 0

thanks for the reply lol

If you can't even decide what hope do we have Smile

I agree i used to be completely smitten with CCM and would not consider an alternative however during the time you were getting CCM gotham ready i started to use Hybrid as it was in the official Repo and gotham compatible and i must say it has become my new favourite i love the home screen widgets with the posters then the descriptions underneath I do wish however the posters were a little bigger as can be a bit tough for the older members of the family to see them from far away when sitting on the couch

however i overall just like the feel and general look of hybrid although they are not to dissimilar i can't put my finger on it why i just like it that little bit more hence this thread
(2014-05-19, 18:18)Mudislander Wrote: I was going to stop CCM with Frodo, but it's more popular than Hybrid (wtf) so will continue with it.

Laugh
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge please click the 'Thumb Up - Like' button to show me your appreciation :)
For YouTube questions see the official thread here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hybrid Vs CCM0