• 3(current)
Release Last.FM Scrobbler
What did you rename 0.0.1 to in addon.xml?
I changed the addon tag to
Code:
<addon id="service.scrobbler.lastfm" name="Last.fm" version="0.0.2" provider-name="Team-XBMC">
I had the same problem...when you uninstalled 0.0.2 there was still a copy of it in your "packages" folder and so when you went to install 0.0.1 (after you had renamed addon.xml to 0.0.2) it just re-installed the version in the "packages" folder.

You can do two things:
1. Uninstall again and then delete the relevant zip file in the addons/packages folder before installing the renamed version of 0.0.1
2. Change the version number of 0.0.1 to 0.0.3 in the addon.xml file.
ok I noticed this with the last.fm plugin. on version 0.0.1, in the addon_data/service.scrobbler.lastfm/lastfm.xml file, it shows the following when playing a song:

[{'album': u'Great Western Valkyrie', 'title': u'Good Things', 'track': '5', 'timestamp': 1402716044, 'artist': u'Rival Sons', 'mbid': '', 'user': '1', 'streamid': '', 'duration': '356', 'path': u'musicdb://recentlyaddedalbums/7226/106422.m4a?albumid=7226'}]

when it upgrades to version 0.0.2, and I play the same song, I am showing this in that file:

[]

so I am not sure if this is the cause. What is more goofy, I have two openelec machines on the same latest version, but one the songs are getting scrobbled to last.fm, but one they are not.

Edited:

I did notice though, on one Openelec XBMC machine there was a 'plugin.audio.lastfm' folder in the addon_data directory that was scrobbling on version 0.0.2, but on my other Openelec machine, that was not scrobbling, that directory was not there.

Edited (20 minutes later): It looks like if I install the old broken lastfm plugin(0.1.7 version) which creates the 'plugin.audio.lastfm' directory, the scrobbling seems to work, even though it says it is broken in the list of add-ons.
Looking at the contents of the service.scrobbler.lastfm zip files, I noticed the 0.0.1 has a scrobbler.py file, while the 0.0.2 is missing that file. I don't understand the programming of XBMC, being I am not a programmer, but that could be the cause why users are having a problem with scrobbling with the new 0.0.2 version. This is all just a guess at the moment, but trying to provide assistance to fixing the issue.
Ok so it happens that I am a developer myself (but not Python) Wink, so I thought I'd give github a look.
I'm confused (never used Github before) what is the so called 0.0.2 release? Is it the "master" branch? And 0.0.1 release is the 0.0.1 tag?
Then this would be the diff?
https://github.com/XBMC-Addons/service.s...1...master

But the only real diff here is the line in resources/language/English/strings.po and I don't think thats relevant to the scrobbling service?
Just got auto-updated to 0.0.3. Scrobbling seems to work. Thanks.

Version history is missing an entry for v0.0.3, though.
Indeed! Can confirm that! Thanks!
there simply was a file missing in the .zip package. I updated it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the fix Smile
thanx Martijn & sorry all for the inconvenience.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I am getting script failure : lastfm every time i start up XBMC on my JUSTOP K10A was fine a few weeks ago but now not so much
For some reason tonight I am getting the following error message "Last.fm Unknown fatal occurred" when it tries to scribble a song. Also the error won't go away until I reboot my XBMC machine.
Yup getting the same thing here....
no logs provided: /ignore
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Last.FM Scrobbler5