• 4(current)
Release Last.FM Scrobbler
I went to get a log just now and the error seems to be gone!
Hi.

Is it possible to import lastfm playcounts to my music library using last.fm scrobbler plugin?

And if it's not possible with this plugin, is there any plugin that can do this?
(2014-08-31, 14:30)Gandrushka Wrote: Hi.

Is it possible to import lastfm playcounts to my music library using last.fm scrobbler plugin?

And if it's not possible with this plugin, is there any plugin that can do this?

this addon can't do it.
i'm not aware of any other that has the capbility either.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
At the moment music played using music add-ons isn't scrobbled. Even though they seem to use the standard player. Loving a track works, at least when using Spotlight, a Spotify-add-on.

Could this be fixed in the scrobbler? So not every add-on developer would need the implement their own scrobbling?

Or if changing that isn't possible would it possible for other add-ons to scrobble to last.fm using this add-on?
(2014-09-11, 17:09)hetas Wrote: At the moment music played using music add-ons isn't scrobbled. Even though they seem to use the standard player. Loving a track works, at least when using Spotlight, a Spotify-add-on.

Could this be fixed in the scrobbler? So not every add-on developer would need the implement their own scrobbling?

Or if changing that isn't possible would it possible for other add-ons to scrobble to last.fm using this add-on?

have you enabled 'submit streaming radio to last.fm" in the addon settings?
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I hadn't enabled 'submit streaming radio to last.fm'. I enabled it and now it works. Thank's! I don't know why I didn't realise that before.
What music addons can exploit that setting please? I usually use the old ListenLiveEU addon to play Classic FM but it ain't showing up in my Last.fm scrobble history.
(2014-09-13, 17:27)VanZan Wrote: What music addons can exploit that setting please? I usually use the old ListenLiveEU addon to play Classic FM but it ain't showing up in my Last.fm scrobble history.

the settings applies to any http:// or rtmp:// stream.
Hi.

Since yesterday I have been seeing strange errors while trying to run the last.fm script. BTW, I'm running the latest Kodi nightly build on Windows 8.1 64bit (I know, sorry about that).

It basically said "script failed!" every time it was trying to scrobble.

Here's what I got on the log:

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>
Error Contents: expected string without null bytes
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\das Elend\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.scrobbler.lastfm\scrobbler.py", line 312, in <module>
Main()
File "C:\Users\das Elend\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.scrobbler.lastfm\scrobbler.py", line 40, in __init__
data = read_file(self.file)
File "C:\Users\das Elend\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\service.scrobbler.lastfm\utils.py", line 105, in read_file
data = eval(data)
TypeError: expected string without null bytes
-->End of Python script error report<--

I cleaned the previous installation files and tried to reinstall it, but this fails too. After the end of the download, nothing happens.
So I downloaded it manually from github, and I get an "add-on does not have the correct structure" error when trying to install.

If someone knows what I'm supposed to do in that case, I'd be grateful for any help.

Cheers
(2014-10-17, 21:09)Elend Wrote: Hi.

Since yesterday I have been seeing strange errors while trying to run the last.fm script. BTW, I'm running the latest Kodi nightly build on Windows 8.1 64bit (I know, sorry about that).

It basically said "script failed!" every time it was trying to scrobble.

delete this file and try again:
C:\Users\das Elend\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\service.scrobbler.lastfm\lastfm.xml

i think that should fix it. the file probably got corrupted somehow.
and install tomorrows nightly. there was a small bug in code
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Sorry, still the same incorrect structure error when trying to install.

And I'll try again with the new nightly build, but I already had errors with the previous Alpha 4 version.
those should be fixed
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-10-17, 21:25)Elend Wrote: Sorry, still the same incorrect structure error when trying to install.

And I'll try again with the new nightly build, but I already had errors with the previous Alpha 4 version.

my 'fix' will only address the script error you initially had.

tomorrows nightly will fix your install problem.
Oh, right.

I wanted to try this now, so I reinstalled an older version and now that that .xml file has been deleted, everything works fine.

So thanks for your help.

And while I have the opportunity, I'd like to express my gratitude to the whole XBMC team.
Not only do you all work to provide us with tools which have never ceased to amaze me, but you even answer in record time to requests for help. Basically, you rock. I can only admire your dedication, selflessness and competence.
I am not what you'd call an advanced user, given that I do not have any notion of programming. But Kodi is the one software I've always needed. It has replaced almost every other media software I had (except for an MPlayer GUI when I have to deal with very trickily encoded videos) because it is stunningly superior in every regard to regular media centers.
And I appreciate the implementation of fanart and other community-funded databases, which has completely changed my approach to music and movies. Anyway, I just enjoy using Kodi and so many of its features, and I am not the only one, so you deserve to be thanked more than once.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Last.FM Scrobbler5