• 5(current)
Release Last.FM Scrobbler
(2014-10-17, 21:55)Elend Wrote: And while I have the opportunity, I'd like to express my gratitude to the whole XBMC team.
Not only do you all work to provide us with tools which have never ceased to amaze me, but you even answer in record time to requests for help. Basically, you rock. I can only admire your dedication, selflessness and competence.

* ronie pats himself on the back

thanx for the kind words mate ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
thanks ronie as well, just deleted the lastfm.x​ml in Gotham and I'm scrobbling again
been scrobbling for 9 years, originally through squeezeboxes but now with Kodi as well
For the future benighted soul:

Running Xubuntu 14.04 (Trusty), I upgraded to XBMC 13.2 from XBMC 12.2 using the XBMC PPA. After this, the Last.fm add-on ceased to function, but didn't show up anywhere. The disappearance was quite complete: not in the enabled add-ons, not in the disabled add-ons, not in Music add-ons, and not in Service add-ons. After attempting unsuccessfully attempting to manually purge the add-on from ~/.xbmc, I manually downloaded and installed the plugin .zip file. After doing so I could access and configure the add-on, and scrobbling started working again.

Hope this helps somebody. I'd be interested to know why the add-on stopped working in the first place, though. Perhaps the version of the add-on from 12.2 was incompatible with 13.2?
(2014-09-11, 18:48)ronie Wrote:
(2014-09-11, 17:09)hetas Wrote: At the moment music played using music add-ons isn't scrobbled.
have you enabled 'submit streaming radio to last.fm" in the addon settings?
I have enabled 'submit streaming radio to last.fm'. The TuneIn addon displays the correct song data, but nothing gets scrobbled...

(2014-10-17, 21:55)Elend Wrote: And while I have the opportunity, I'd like to express my gratitude to the whole XBMC team.
Not only do you all work to provide us with tools which have never ceased to amaze me, but you even answer in record time to requests for help. Basically, you rock. I can only admire your dedication, selflessness and competence.
I am not what you'd call an advanced user, given that I do not have any notion of programming. But Kodi is the one software I've always needed. It has replaced almost every other media software I had because it is stunningly superior in every regard to regular media centers.
And I appreciate the implementation of fanart and other community-funded databases, which has completely changed my approach to music and movies. Anyway, I just enjoy using Kodi and so many of its features, and I am not the only one, so you deserve to be thanked more than once.
Well said, I wholeheartedly agree!
(2014-11-28, 17:52)bertenvdb Wrote: I have enabled 'submit streaming radio to last.fm'. The TuneIn addon displays the correct song data, but nothing gets scrobbled...

i have made some changes in the addon and it should now handle streaming radio a lot better.
i've tested it with TuneIn and it's now working correctly.

you should receive the updated version (v0.0.4) within the next 24 hours.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
am on rc2 of helix on windows, nothing is being scrobbled
log is here
(2014-12-08, 00:11)macrho Wrote: am on rc2 of helix on windows, nothing is being scrobbled
log is here

sorry, but that's not a Debug Log.
a normal log, like you've posted, is not really useful for troubleshooting ;-)
Well, @ronie, this is an interesting development, I went to xbmclogs and uploaded the log file with debugging turned on and I evidently offended it: Your paste contains a phrase that has been censored

There's no pron in there, not sure what offended it, perhaps that I was listening to The Police?

Well, this isn't getting any better. Tried the Beatles and they offended the xbmclogs site Sad
perhaps i'll try some Beethoven
installed the Kodi upload program, was confused as I kept looking for XBMC/Kodi Log Uploader but it's now just Kodi Log Uploader. Anyway, it uploaded with an ID of 366236 and when I look at it, it's all gobbledygook, not sure if that helps
(2014-12-08, 00:26)macrho Wrote: Well, @ronie, this is an interesting development, I went to xbmclogs and uploaded the log file with debugging turned on and I evidently offended it: Your paste contains a phrase that has been censored

There's no pron in there, not sure what offended it, perhaps that I was listening to The Police?

Well, this isn't getting any better. Tried the Beatles and they offended the xbmclogs site Sad
perhaps i'll try some Beethoven

does it not accept your paste or is it just giving you a warning?

it probably means that your log contains sensitive information, like passwords, and xbmclogs removed those from the log for you.
(2014-12-08, 00:40)macrho Wrote: installed the Kodi upload program, was confused as I kept looking for XBMC/Kodi Log Uploader but it's now just Kodi Log Uploader. Anyway, it uploaded with an ID of 366236 and when I look at it, it's all gobbledygook, not sure if that helps

no idea what that is, but i can't use it :-)
(2014-12-08, 00:43)ronie Wrote: no idea what that is, but i can't use it :-)

hmm, so xbmc upload is broken too :0 or perhaps i'm broken
other thoughts on uploading my "questionable" log?
(2014-12-08, 00:59)macrho Wrote:
(2014-12-08, 00:43)ronie Wrote: no idea what that is, but i can't use it :-)

hmm, so xbmc upload is broken too :0 or perhaps i'm broken
other thoughts on uploading my "questionable" log?

use pastebin.com ?
I've just noticed that scrobbling hasnt worked with any version of helix up to now, anyone else seeing the same?

Last time scrobbling worked was in gotham for me.
Works for me, are you using the new last.fm service addon?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Last.FM Scrobbler5