XBMC Remote app problem
Hello everyone,

I have this problem which come out suddenly , Its about the connection between the xbmc remote app and the xbmc program.

I am using xbmc official remote ver. 1.5.1 on iOS 7.1.1 , Was connected to xbmc frodo 12.2 perfectly on Win7 laptop ...
Every time i open the xbmc then i open the remote app its make the connection in blink of an eye, stay connected the whole time.

Now after i upgrade my xbmc 12.2 to xbmc Gotham 13 , I 'v noticed i am having this weird problem .

the remote app get connect to the only for some minute with the xbmc program then i got disconnected with no way to reconnect again till reopen the xbmc on my computer. Even so it will connect for some minute then its gone.
( I didnt have this problem before updating the xbmc - at least i have noticed it - also i didnt change my network or router setting )

from the first time i was connecting the app to the program and the computer manually, I mean i put the IP address and the port with MAC address on the app host setting so it can make the connection.
I have tried to change my computer IP and re-add the new setting on the app host, Its still same error now ... Make the connection for some minutes then its gone with no ability to established it again..

Any advice from you ...!? Hope i make my problem clear enough...

Thanks in Advance
could be a windows firewall issue with the new XBMC executable?

EDIT: moved the thread into the XBMC Remote for iOS sub-forum
Sorry - I tried to delete the post and put it on the Remote xbmc sub forum.. but look like i having 2 post same now ...
please delete one of them

(2014-05-20, 14:43)joethefox Wrote: could be a windows firewall issue with the new XBMC executable?

EDIT: moved the thread into the XBMC Remote for iOS sub-forum

Yeah for the Firewall , I am using Zonealarm firewall ... I checked it and give it pull permission to access in and out connection ... still same problems ...
HI again,

I find the problem .. It was really the ZoneAralm firewall issue..
I give permission to allow TCP connection coming via the port i open in XBMC ....

Learned from my mistake ... Thank you guys
Good.
I suggest you also to enable the option Settings > Services > Remote Control > "Allow program on other systems to control XBMC" to listen to the XBMC notifications.

This means that you have to configure the firewall to allow connection also on port 9090 (if you haven't changed this port number via the advanced settings)
Look like I am still having problems..

If any one know what is the ports and connections i should give to be open other than the port of my xbmc uses ?? Its allowing me to go throw now but when ever i press any link on the app it give error ...

(2014-05-20, 15:44)joethefox Wrote: Good.
I suggest you also to enable the option Settings > Services > Remote Control > "Allow program on other systems to control XBMC" to listen to the XBMC notifications.

This means that you have to configure the firewall to allow connection also on port 9090 (if you haven't changed this port number via the advanced settings)

HI,

Your advice was on the right spot .. I think this is what was making me getting the new error message after the establish the connection ...

Thanks allot ... will be back to you if i got problems

I have another question about allowing receiving Airplay .. Should I open a new post or asking it in here >!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Remote app problem0