Solved service.library.data.provider another problem
I thought that was what you meant.

Tried and it made no difference so I deleted it again but this time when it installed it started working. Shocked
Don't celebrate just yet. By having run without the default.py entry point, it sounds like the service element started fine and grabbed all the data. On a reinstall, the plugin will pick up that data and display it, but that doesn't mean the service element is running (though it does tell us that that's what the problem is). I'd need to see a debug log to be sure, but my guess is that if you play something/add something to the library, the widgets won't update to reflect this.
All seems good - played a movie and once it was watched it was removed from the recent movies list. Marking it as unwatched and running a library update made it reappear in the list.
Great Smile I do love it when a problem essentially fixes itself (though I equally hate not knowing what the exact issue was Wink)
Same here.

Although I have noticed when updating my skin remotely from my PC to Openelec it sometimes seems to keep the old files or the new ones disappear altogether. It's as if there's some weird caching going on.
I'm sure you do, but you know about the weird issue where, when installing from zip, XBMC re-installs the zip file in addons/packages, rather than the zip the user specifies (when the zips have the same name)? If it's not this, then definitely worth reporting to the OpenElec team Smile
Yeah, I always clear the packages folder when these sort of problems occur.
That's the problem with trying to offer support to someone as skilled and knowledgeable as yourself, you're already gonna have tried anything I can suggest Wink
Sorry. Wink
(2014-05-21, 10:19)Hitcher Wrote: I thought that was what you meant.

Tried and it made no difference so I deleted it again but this time when it installed it started working. Shocked

Can you give me some more detail on how you got this working? I have the same exact problem. I've got OpenELEC 5.0.6 and I cannot use Library Artwork (for example Random Movie Fanart for movies) on the homescreen. Rather than artwork I get just a black screen and I get a prompt that "script failed: library data provider". I have a windows box running Helix 14.2 (yesterdays release) and it works just fine.

The problem does not seem to be skin specific as it doesn't work with any skin.

I'm also using a mysql database if that is important.

Should I just copy over the working service.library.data.provider script from my working windows install...
Should I Delete the service.library.data.provider script and replace it from Here
Should I Delete it altogether and it will download automatically? (not sure if it works this way. I cannot find where this script is in the Kodi addon repo).

*edit* This is a fresh install of OpenELEC
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
service.library.data.provider another problem0