Win NextPVR DVB-S/S2 Radio Channels Connection Lost
Hi

I have been successfully using the NextPVR XBMC add-on for streaming SD and HD TV from the NextPVR backend (using a dual DVB-S/S2 satellite tuner card), but for some reason I can't get the radio channels working in any version of XBMC that I tried.

It successfully loads and lists all the radio channels, and even the EPG information for the radio channels in XBMC, but as soon as I try to play one, XBMC gets stuck in a loop trying to stream the channel, with a continuous "Working" dialog followed by a "Connection lost to PVR backend" message (until I press Stop on my remote).

When I go to the NextPVR client all the radio channels play without any problem.

How can I diagnose/debug the problem, i.e. what logs do I need to look at (as you can probably tell I'm an XBMC noob)? I'm even willing to get my hands dirty and to try and fix it if its not too hard...
Hello,

I have the same problem as this - with the exception that I also have a DVB-T card as well as a dual DVB-S/S2 card. I can't get radio channels through XBMC using either card. It does work ok in NextPVR client though.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
Hi Guys,

Same problem here (using DVB-T card).

I've found it works if you disable timeshifting in the PVR client. Not a solution though. Hopefully some clever fellow is looking into it Smile

Cheers.
As far as I know, it's fixed in the most recent release.
(2014-09-09, 21:48)sub3 Wrote: As far as I know, it's fixed in the most recent release.

Thanks sub. I'm running version 1.9.8 under Gotham 13.2. Also tried Margo's unofficial Gotham build. Same problem.

Is there a newer version I should be using? Searching now but thought I'd ask in case you got back to me before I found it Big Grin.

Thanks again.
Not had any luck getting radio to work so far Sad.

Debug log here in case it's helpful.

Cheers,
@Sub,

I'm going to bump this. I have no issues with the Mediaportal front end playing radio. While I appreciate this may be because I have a better understanding of MP than I do NPVR I'd really like to get to the bottom of this problem. Is there any information I can provide to help diagnosis? If so just ask.

Thanks,

Wo0zy
I'm a bit snowed under with day-job stuff right now, but I'll try to check it in the next few days. I don't often use radio myself.
No worries Sub! Thanks for the reply.

When you get around to looking just give me a shout if you need any further information or want something tested.

All the best,

Wo0zy.
A small bump @sub3.

If you're still snowed under then no worries mate.

Cheers,

Wo0zy
If you disable timeshift, does it work better?
(2014-11-11, 20:21)sub3 Wrote: If you disable timeshift, does it work better?

Hi sub,

As per post #3 it works fine with timeshift disabled.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Wo0zy.
wo0zy, if you're using Windows, and the latest Kodi build, you can try this version of the addon. It fixes a few things, including your radio issue.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=43...21A%217191
(2014-11-12, 01:51)sub3 Wrote: wo0zy, if you're using Windows, and the latest Kodi build, you can try this version of the addon. It fixes a few things, including your radio issue.

Hi sub,

Sorry for not replying sooner. I didn't get a notification email that you had posted. Sad Just thought I'd check in.

Yes I'm running Windows. Will test this version with Kodi ASAP and report back.

Many thanks!

wo0zy
(2014-11-24, 13:14)wo0zy Wrote:
(2014-11-12, 01:51)sub3 Wrote: wo0zy, if you're using Windows, and the latest Kodi build, you can try this version of the addon. It fixes a few things, including your radio issue.

Hi sub,

Sorry for not replying sooner. I didn't get a notification email that you had posted. Sad Just thought I'd check in.

Yes I'm running Windows. Will test this version with Kodi ASAP and report back.

Many thanks!

wo0zy

Hi Sub,

Tested and working fine with your updated add-on. Thank you!

I did find that I had to disable the "CU LRC Lyrics" add-on though Confused. With it enabled the first attempt to play back a radio station (which doesn't jump straight to fullscreen) worked fine but subsequent station changes (which do go straight to fullscreen for some reason) would result in rather random behaviour ranging from a split second of audio then nothing except "Buffering" being stuck on screen, the old "Tuner no longer available" message popping up and even a couple of full Kodi crashes. Disable the plugin and all is good. Would you like some logs or is this something that makes sense to you? Either way it's not a big problem (at least for me) as I don't really use the Lyrics plugin. It just happened to be installed by a skin IIRC Big Grin.

Overall the updated client is working really well. Thanks again for your work on this.

All the best,

wo0zy

Edit. Selecting a station from the channel list rather than the EPG doesn't jump to fullscreen playback and therefore you never see the problem caused by the Lyrics add-on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR DVB-S/S2 Radio Channels Connection Lost0