Windows - NextPVR DVB-S/S2 Radio Channels Connection Lost

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
rikoe Offline
Hi

I have been successfully using the NextPVR XBMC add-on for streaming SD and HD TV from the NextPVR backend (using a dual DVB-S/S2 satellite tuner card), but for some reason I can't get the radio channels working in any version of XBMC that I tried.

It successfully loads and lists all the radio channels, and even the EPG information for the radio channels in XBMC, but as soon as I try to play one, XBMC gets stuck in a loop trying to stream the channel, with a continuous "Working" dialog followed by a "Connection lost to PVR backend" message (until I press Stop on my remote).

When I go to the NextPVR client all the radio channels play without any problem.

How can I diagnose/debug the problem, i.e. what logs do I need to look at (as you can probably tell I'm an XBMC noob)? I'm even willing to get my hands dirty and to try and fix it if its not too hard...
find quote
rauldiz Offline
Hello,

I have the same problem as this - with the exception that I also have a DVB-T card as well as a dual DVB-S/S2 card. I can't get radio channels through XBMC using either card. It does work ok in NextPVR client though.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.
find quote
wo0zy Offline
Hi Guys,

Same problem here (using DVB-T card).

I've found it works if you disable timeshifting in the PVR client. Not a solution though. Hopefully some clever fellow is looking into it Smile

Cheers.
find quote
sub3 Offline
Fan
As far as I know, it's fixed in the most recent release.
find quote
wo0zy Offline
(2014-09-09 21:48)sub3 Wrote:  As far as I know, it's fixed in the most recent release.

Thanks sub. I'm running version 1.9.8 under Gotham 13.2. Also tried Margo's unofficial Gotham build. Same problem.

Is there a newer version I should be using? Searching now but thought I'd ask in case you got back to me before I found it Big Grin.

Thanks again.
find quote
wo0zy Offline
Not had any luck getting radio to work so far Sad.

Debug log here in case it's helpful.

Cheers,
find quote
wo0zy Offline
@Sub,

I'm going to bump this. I have no issues with the Mediaportal front end playing radio. While I appreciate this may be because I have a better understanding of MP than I do NPVR I'd really like to get to the bottom of this problem. Is there any information I can provide to help diagnosis? If so just ask.

Thanks,

Wo0zy
find quote
sub3 Offline
Fan
I'm a bit snowed under with day-job stuff right now, but I'll try to check it in the next few days. I don't often use radio myself.
find quote
wo0zy Offline
No worries Sub! Thanks for the reply.

When you get around to looking just give me a shout if you need any further information or want something tested.

All the best,

Wo0zy.
find quote