Simple skin for small display?
I wonder if there are any skins that cater specifically to small displays. I have tried several, and even on a 7" display, the text becomes
a bit too small to be practical. I'm looking to build a music appliance that has a screen even smaller. Possibly with the basic navigation
buttons on the front panel, or on a remote. I even tried a touch based theme, and it was in the right direction, but still not quite what I
was looking for.

This Sony device might give some idea of what I mean.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/sony-...%20?page=1

Anyone know of such a theme?
(2014-05-21, 14:57)pixelriffic Wrote: I wonder if there are any skins that cater specifically to small displays. I have tried several, and even on a 7" display, the text becomes
a bit too small to be practical. I'm looking to build a music appliance that has a screen even smaller. Possibly with the basic navigation
buttons on the front panel, or on a remote. I even tried a touch based theme, and it was in the right direction, but still not quite what I
was looking for.

This Sony device might give some idea of what I mean.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/sony-...%20?page=1

Anyone know of such a theme?
pixelriffic,

Not beating my own drum but one of my users is using a 2.8" screen and thinks my skin is perfect, look at what he is doing here. Mind you I think he is mad, but its the kind of mad that seems to produce results. All I would say is to try each one until you find something you don't mind and then modify it.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
(2014-05-21, 16:43)wyrm Wrote: pixelriffic,

Not beating my own drum but one of my users is using a 2.8" screen and thinks my skin is perfect, look at what he is doing here. Mind you I think he is mad, but its the kind of mad that seems to produce results. All I would say is to try each one until you find something you don't mind and then modify it.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Hmmm... that looks to be on the right track. Simplicity is definitely important, but the font size on these small displays is definitely the key. I will definitely give this one a go!
You can always tweak the font size yourself. It's not very complicated.
In the skin 720p or 1080i folder you can find Font.xml
Open with a good editor like Notepad++ (free)
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
(2014-05-21, 18:04)MassIV Wrote: You can always tweak the font size yourself. It's not very complicated.

Any idea where the associated xml file is? It's supposed to be in .xbmc/userdata but I only see the plugin apps there.

(2014-05-21, 19:00)pixelriffic Wrote:
(2014-05-21, 18:04)MassIV Wrote: You can always tweak the font size yourself. It's not very complicated.

Any idea where the associated xml file is? It's supposed to be in .xbmc/userdata but I only see the plugin apps there.

I should mention that this is the Openelec dist.
~/.xbmc/addons/skin.name/720p/Font.xml
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple skin for small display?0