Gotham bug reports
Hi Hitcher,
I am running latest stable Openelec 4.2.1 and Conq 1.1.0. After the last update a few weeks ago the recently added movies, tv and albums stopped showing on the home screen.

The code looks OK (I assume) but is there any reason this would have stopped working?

<action>ActivateWindow(Videos,plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentmovies,return)</action>
<label>$SKIN[31031|skin.conq|Recent movies]</label>
<label2>32014</label2>
<icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png</icon>

Thanks
(2014-10-21, 10:25)Relentless Wrote: Hi Hitcher,
I am running latest stable Openelec 4.2.1 and Conq 1.1.0. After the last update a few weeks ago the recently added movies, tv and albums stopped showing on the home screen.

The code looks OK (I assume) but is there any reason this would have stopped working?

<action>ActivateWindow(Videos,plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentmovies,return)</action>
<label>$SKIN[31031|skin.conq|Recent movies]</label>
<label2>32014</label2>
<icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png</icon>

Thanks

That code looks absolutely fine, but has nothing to do with widgets Wink

When you customise the main menu, does the name of your selected widget appear to the right of "Select widget" for the menu items where it isn't working? If it IS showing there, do the widgets continue not to show if you select a different widget for the menu items?
Thanks Unfledged.

You are correct. I should have spent a bit more time reading.

[['mainmenu', 'movies', 'widget', 'RecentMovies'],
['mainmenu', 'movies', 'widgetName', 'Recent movies'],
['mainmenu', 'tvshows', 'widget', 'RecentEpisodes'],
['mainmenu', 'tvshows', 'widgetName', 'Recent episodes'],
['mainmenu', '132', 'widget', 'RecentAlbums'],
['mainmenu', '132', 'widgetName', 'Recent albums'],
['mainmenu', '1036', 'widget', 'Favourites'],
['mainmenu', '1036', 'widgetName', 'Favourites']]

The customise function does not appear to show any of the custom widgets. Of these standard widgets only the Favourites works regardless of which widget I select. No headings are showing.

Any further suggestions?
That code looks right, too. My last guess would be to check you have service.skin.widgets installed (I presume this is what you switched the widgets to use, Hitcher?) - manually installing it may be necessary as it doesn't look like Conq requires it in its addon.xml (which is to say, Conq doesn't tell Kodi it needs it to be installed.)
Thanks Unfledged - a very quick answer.

I found out that my service.skin.widgets had been uninstalled. After installing it the widgets work perfectly (so not a skin issue).

I can only assume that one of the auto-updates somehow uninstalled the widgets addon (maybe dependency issue?).
-Config Wizard does not open/operate. Config will open on other skins though. For eg will open w/o issue in the Eminence skin.
-Also, when skin is switched to another skin, and then you come back to use the Conq skin, settings are lost. So far the differences that I've noticed is that my prior settings -I've locked to Home Alt and Bolder in the Colours and Fonts menu switch back to skin defaults for both menus.
-Crashes XBMC frequently once 1Channel is opened. You can actually get as far as the link you choose within the add-on to watch from, from there it will crash XBMC immediately time and time again.
  • Config Wizard for what?
  • Colors and fonts aren't saved per skin they're global
  • No pirate addon support.
(2014-10-22, 10:17)Unfledged Wrote: That code looks right, too. My last guess would be to check you have service.skin.widgets installed (I presume this is what you switched the widgets to use, Hitcher?) - manually installing it may be necessary as it doesn't look like Conq requires it in its addon.xml (which is to say, Conq doesn't tell Kodi it needs it to be installed.)
thanks for pointing this out. it has indeed solved this same issue in my Kodi installation.
Hello, I'm running 13.2 on Windows, when updating version 1.1.0 about half of the xml files in 16x9 folder are deleted - then xbmc fails to start next time when it tries to start the skin - anyone else found this?

For now I've just disabled auto-update and like the skin as it is so no big deal if its just me!
The latest version is 1.2.0 from the official repo.
After the latest updates the black bar in movies has turned blue. The same blue as the standard background color. Is there anywhere to change the color to black again?

(2014-12-07, 15:45)BartAfterDark Wrote: After the latest updates the black bar in movies has turned blue. The same blue as the standard background color. Is there anywhere to change the color to black again?

I am getting this error too, BartAfterDark are you by chance on a Android TV Box? like MX Box?
(2014-12-10, 00:14)hermit Wrote:
(2014-12-07, 15:45)BartAfterDark Wrote: After the latest updates the black bar in movies has turned blue. The same blue as the standard background color. Is there anywhere to change the color to black again?

I am getting this error too, BartAfterDark are you by chance on a Android TV Box? like MX Box?
Yep m8 tv box.
(2014-12-10, 00:45)BartAfterDark Wrote:
(2014-12-10, 00:14)hermit Wrote:

Yep m8 tv box.

I managed to fix this problem by renaming Blue.jpg to Blue2.jpg and replacing the Blue.jpg in \extras\backgrounds\Blue.jpg to an All black background.

It works but once and awhile it will still turn blue. if you used something to replace your home launcher to xbmc i just push home while still in the movie and it seems to turn back black.

P.S. : I am on Gotham using the beta 1.2.0 conq skin. so if you're using kodi I'm not sure if its different but probably not.

I can only reproduce this on my 3rd Party Android TV Box.

Not on my nexus player or other boxes.
Hitcher,

Firstly let me thank you for such a great skin, I have tested this skin on:

Intel i5 Nuc
Asus Chromebox
Android TV M8
Google Nexus Player
Amazon FireTV

and can reproduce this bug in all of them. The latest captcha fix that you have done will still hide behind the dialog background.

I have temporarily fixed this by changing:

The background in DialogProgress.xml

to the same one as the new keyboard

Code:
    <!-- Background -->
        <control type="image">
            <left>0</left>
            <top>220</top>
            <width>1920</width>
            <height>860</height>
            <texture border="20">dialogs/DialogBackground.png</texture>
        </control>

Using Gotham and the 1.2.0 conq skin.

It has not affected my daily usage however I can not speak for the vast amount of plugins that xbmc has.

hope this is helpful.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham bug reports1