Speed Issues with XBMC running SMB from QNAP?
I recently bought myself a QNAP TS269L with the intention of storing my media on there and using it's MySQL functionality for my XBMC library. Anyway I'm having a few issues running it over GB LAN to my Windows HTPC(Core i3 and AMD HD6570 GPU), and also to my Nexus 7 2013 tablet.

What I've noticed is after setting up my library with MySQL browsing files is a little slow, and when browsing my music folder in XBMC scrolling up and down is a bit laggy and thumbnails take a while to populate etc. Movies seem to play OK, but the experience just seems a bit slow.
I also have issues when streaming video wirelessly to my Nexus 7 (2013) tablet, in that movies seem to start off playing fine but after a minute or two the audio keeps playing whilst the video starts stuttering really badly and loses sync. However if I simply navigate to the file over the wireless LAN using a file browser in Android and play the movies with BSPlayer they play perfectly smoothly and everything's great.
I see some people saying SMB is slow but when using it outside of XBMC I don't have any issues whatsoever. Would things work better if I changed to NFS? Or would that be a waste of time?
Anyone else had similar issues and were able to fix them?

Oh, and the versions of XBMC I'm running are 13.0 stable for windows and the 13.0 stable ARM build for Android.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Speed Issues with XBMC running SMB from QNAP?0