Highest Waf EPG solution?
You're right, the PVR parts aren't as mature as the rest of the application. A lot of stuff is being worked on for the next release since we now have more developers in this area than we had a year ago. In the mean time if you have concrete suggestions, use this thread or if you find a bug, use http://trac.xbmc.org.
I will aspire to be a part of the solution and write some stuff up.
Its not a PVR if allyou do is watch live tv.

Record what you want to watch, watch it when you want/have time.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-28, 11:47)nickr Wrote: Its not a PVR if allyou do is watch live tv.

Record what you want to watch, watch it when you want/have time.

I'm not 100% but I couldn't find anything reasonable to do record/reminders in XBMC apart from recording a single episode. No series record/reminders or even a single reminder?? And when you do record it doesn't get scraped into the library?

If that is the case it's not very useful as a PVR beyond watching live tv. There's much better plugins that you can subscribe to shows with which will get the show to your library, scrape it and then show up in recent episodes all automatically. The only downside being you get the episode a day or 2 later than first aired.
To get more recording options, in the epg highlight a show and press 'context' - then 'client actions'.

No it does not interact with your library.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-05-28, 21:39)nickr Wrote: To get more recording options, in the epg highlight a show and press 'context' - then 'client actions'.

No it does not interact with your library.

When I press the context menu I get a bunch of options but not one for 'client actions' I get the options to 'add a timer' which is actually record but only that show not series.
What backend are you using? I have this option on mythtv, but maybe other pvr solutions do not support it.

Also there are other ways of setting up recordings - for mythtv I can use mythweb from a browser. That gives me full control.
This is something i use to increase the waf!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178054

Every little helps Wink.
(2014-05-29, 00:15)nickr Wrote: What backend are you using? I have this option on mythtv, but maybe other pvr solutions do not support it.

Also there are other ways of setting up recordings - for mythtv I can use mythweb from a browser. That gives me full control.

I'm using NextPvr atm, I've just updated to the margo xbmc builds as well which is a massive improvement for channel switches! Looks like maybe the plugin does not support series record though but it's not a big deal as I wouldn't use it much without any sort of library integration.

I don't mind using external apps/browsers for recordings but in terms of WAF it would be a bit of a killer as I've got XBMC set up to be an full solution, no OS or external app interaction needed.

(2014-05-29, 20:26)produno Wrote: This is something i use to increase the waf!

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=178054

Every little helps Wink.

That's a really nice skin! The current default one for the Ace skin i'm using atm isn't bad but not as nice as this. Is it possible to use the live tv skin you posted with any skin? Also how would I install it, the thread doesn't seem to mention how to use it!
If you want your recordings to be a part of the library, just add the folder as a library source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Highest Waf EPG solution?0