Thumbnailer
okay recently i started working on a script for getting thumbnails from a site or from inside a zip.

features
- different types (so having 2d, 3d, 3d tilt is possible)
- when installing renaming current default.tbn to default.tbn.bak
- batch, do all games at once
- scan for games and then do them one by one

with both batch and indiviually [using the list] (per game basic), you can install, remove restore bak and remove bak.
what it means
install - gets thumbnail from website or rar and puts in right directory.
remove - deletes teh default.tbn in the director
restore bak - copies default.tbn.bak to default.tbn (backedup using a checkmark box while installing)
remove bak - deletes the default.tbn.bak

how this works
it uses the id from the xbox game,
example: for halo 2 it is 4d530064

plan behind it.
for example zip wise
thumbnails.zip
--4d530064
--4d530064\1.jpg
--4d530064\2.jpg
--46490002\1.jpg

the folders are the xbeid of the game, and filenames are type.jpg.

for this to work, we will need to compile a list of all the id and titles for most games, so we can match up thumbnails to the id.

also need would be a website with php (so we can log the id and titles in case it doesn't exist)

if anyone is intrested please, please give a shout :d

screenshot
link to picture

later on i will post a photoshop action [also maybe tutrial] on making them (with different styles) so you can then submmit them in.

** Team XBMC Tester** XBMC 4 ever

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

maybe a explaination where to need/use it for.

but, thanks for all your work (360 skin).

sollie.

ps: there is a savegamescript with thumbnail support, maybe you know, http://2ndmind.net/xnetload/
thanks, actually didn't know that site script existed, ill take a look, thumbnails is something ive been wanting.

as for this script the purpose is mainly 'batching' thumbnails
as it uses the id, it can check a zip/site for the thumbnail and load it into the game path\default.tbn

aim: make life easier for installing thumbnails packs.

this would also make it easier to get '3d style icons as i said, so ppl can make a big pack (and put the on a site) and you can download them straight into teh correct path. (based on the xbeid)

as for webspace, i have had a offer, just a matter of fine tunning hte script and webpage php to work nicley. just means need to start collecting the actaully thumbs.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

k now i get it.

ps: but the gamma-x script is the best savegamemanager i know. it is only hard to find because the savegame function is just one part of it.
the savegamemanager also has a function to download, backup, copy, delete savegames and even trailers.
try ist and you find out its great.

sollie.

i love the idea, i thought since it is a .tbn generator you might want to expand on the idea. i think it would be cool to be able to specify a movie folder and have it take a random scene from each video and make a .tbn out of the image and name it moviename.tbn . then if you are not happy with any of the randomly generated images you could change them individually until you are happy with the outcome. would anyone else find that useful? i think it would be great to have custom thumbs for all of my simpsons and southpark episodes.
yeh but the problem with media is its not all the same, and you would have to have a standard.

sollie: downloader in mc360 gamesave manger is better its the one from avalaunch. must say that gamma-x script is very impresive, a lot of code. starting to wonder if i can even copy it to give the gsm in mc360 same functionality. thou as for the way there downloads works, i will not use that way.
bingo isolated the py file that does the converting from
titleimage.xbx into png. (thou first running it will take some time), so needs a little improvement (like caching) but seems this is a nice thing to have so expect that it may be in mc360 game saves :d

if you must you can still use this script while using mc360 if you need it

edit: link reguarding gsm on x-s >
gsm script topic on x-s

i strapped a feature request on a subject very similar to this.

link

however rather than having a location to get the pack i suggested an alteration to the thumb engine that would look for the game id.tbn in a location. if that were to fail then follow through as normal. the idea could work wonders with your game id thumb generating concept... make your own and then xbmc would use it by default. however my idea meant for use in a total environment, not just for backups but for cd games as well so the icons could be made use of across the entire platform.

of course we are in a feature freeze and the entire concept was met with less than hopeful enthusiasm.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbnailer0