PVR Sub-Sections available via JSON?
Hi all,

I posted this in the JSON-RPC Development forum and it seems like my question is more geared toward what is available from the PVR side. What I am looking to do is to directly open sub sections of the PVR functionality from the home screen (or anywhere else) via JSON. Specifically the EPG and Recordings sub sections.

Currently I can call these via keyboard shortcuts (e = activate EPG = XBMC.ActivateWindowAndFocus(MyPVR, 31,0, 10,0)) on my Windows systems however I am starting to use OpenElec without a keyboard via iOS - where JSON is my only communication option.

I have successfully used the following to call the PVR section up.

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": { "window": "pvr" }, "id": 1 }

What I cannot seem to find any documentation on is how to access sub menus within PVR - such as EPG, Recordings.

My thought process is that something like this 'might' work - but I have no idea where to locate such parameters.

{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "GUI.ActivateWindow", "params": { "window": "pvr", "parameters": [ "recordings" ] }, "id": 1 }

Does this exist or is this possible?

Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated.
It might be worth waiting for this to be merged if you use the latest and greatest.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4753
Thanks xxxnelly - it looks like the way the windows are currently structured there is no way to address them via JSON. I'll just have to wait for that PR to be merged.

Thanks!
it's merged now.
Thank you xhaggi! Do you know if this made it into 13.2 beta 1?
(2014-07-18, 20:38)jkirk Wrote: Thank you xhaggi! Do you know if this made it into 13.2 beta 1?

it won't
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-07-18, 20:38)jkirk Wrote: Thank you xhaggi! Do you know if this made it into 13.2 beta 1?

as martijn said, no you have to wait for XBMC 14 (Helix).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Sub-Sections available via JSON?0