Incorrect font rendering
I have made some modifications to the existing skins to add some new playlist access and some submenus

From the screenshot you can see that some random bits of text are in italics. I am not sure what it is, this only happens on the the Crystalbuntu platform. Not on my other ubuntu platforms. I am running on 13.10 and 12.10. The files are identical. I have posted on the CB forums as well. Maybe some of the skinning folks can help. Not sure why "English" and "Tamil" are italics and Hindi is not. Any ideas of where to look?

Thanks

I am using Gotham 13.0 at the moment.

Code:
        <control type="button" id="901604">
            <width>140</width>
            <include>ButtonHomeSubCommonValues</include>
            <label>English</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://videoplaylists/English Movies.xsp,return)</onclick>
        </control>
        <control type="button" id="901605">
            <width>140</width>
            <label>Tamil</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://videoplaylists/Tamil Movies.xsp,return)</onclick>
        </control>
        <control type="button" id="901606">
            <width>140</width>
            <label>Hindi</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://videoplaylists/Hindi Movies.xsp,return)</onclick>
        </control>
        <control type="button" id="901608">
            <width>140</width>
            <label>Animated</label>
            <onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://videoplaylists/Animated Movies.xsp,return)</onclick>
        </control>
I had a problem once with my Gotham confluence mod not showing fonts properly. After restarting XBMC and then rebooting the machine, the problem persisted. I reinstalled XBMC and that seemed to take care of it. I didn't delete any of the user data files, so the reinstall was pretty easy. That might be worth a try.
My bet is whoever put together your build has (possibly intentionally) broken the rounding stuff.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-05-24, 02:45)jmarshall Wrote: My bet is whoever put together your build has (possibly intentionally) broken the rounding stuff.

Sorry not sure what the "rounding stuff" means. I can build this on my own, as well. This is the standard Crystalbuntu build put together by Sam Nazarko.

(2014-05-23, 22:31)pkscuot Wrote: I had a problem once with my Gotham confluence mod not showing fonts properly. After restarting XBMC and then rebooting the machine, the problem persisted. I reinstalled XBMC and that seemed to take care of it. I didn't delete any of the user data files, so the reinstall was pretty easy. That might be worth a try.

Tried that already with a new install. Didn't seem to help.
Check for changes in MathUtils.h (compared to master).
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

(2014-05-27, 06:22)jmarshall Wrote: Check for changes in MathUtils.h (compared to master).

As up update.

I did a clean build from the tip of Gotham, after this the issue persisted. Then I changed the Audio output from Analog to HDMI (had to to do that as I was doing an upgrade from Frodo to G). Then I set my pixel ratio on my TV to 1.332 (its a 1.3333 1024x768 native display). This seems to have fixed it for the most part in the home screen. I can still see it in the context menu the "Manage" button is italicised. But I can live with that.

Based on your comments, does this mean that for the ATV1 some rounding issues need to be addressed?

Code:
flags        : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss tm pbe nx bts est
tm2

those are the CPU flags on the AppleTV1.

EDIT:

It seems to be a combination of Video calibration bounds and pixel ratio. Looks like the HDMI/Audio setting was not related. (jmarshall i now your rolling your eyes .. duh..)

So if I set my upper bounds to (-1,0) and lower left to (-1,-1) and ratio to 1.3333 things look much cleaner. but (0,0) and (0,0) results is like the first post above.
This is definetly to do with Overscan/Underscan. I can see changes to the fonts as I adjust the bounds. This happens on my other linux boxes, but somehow is more apparent when you have a pixel ratio of 1.3 or a high ratio.

@jmarshall is this a defect? should I log it?
Can you see that behaviour on any system, or just on this one? i.e. the weird slanting of characters.

On any system, you can see the font spacing is adjusted. On the ATV1 I can see they become italicised.

Steps to repro

1. Open on Video Calibration screen.
2. Move bounds upper left and lower right. As you move the bounds you will see slanting/changing spacing between characters even on the hints.

Here is one that is on my appletv1 - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1416...TV-CB2.ogv

Here is one that is on my ubuntu desktop - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1416...013.10.ogv

On my appletv it manifests itself as slanted characters.
I'd say it's an issue with the ATV1 build, yes. The spacing thing is normal - the rounding is working correctly there. That it rounds differently based on the y-coordinate in the ATV1 case is incorrect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incorrect font rendering0