Req Movie Export Addon/Functionality
Hi to everybody, after looking for the feature for some time and I came emplty handed, and this is why I post this request.
I currently have at home two Acer Revos 3610 running XBMC (OpenELEC) with a central database stored on a NAS. The NAS also host the media files.
As I do usually travel for work, I have installed OE multi boot in my work laptop.
So, what I have been looking with no success is an Addon to add a context menu that will allow me to export (copy) a single movie from the movie info screen.
So far what I do is using a file explorer, I copy manually the files, but miss the added date and the movie info available within OE while choosing what to copy.

So, essentially, what I would like is that while browsing my media library, if I find a movie I would like to watch on the road, to have an to easy way to export it including the subtitles and associated nfo file, banners and posters if present to an external media or shared resource (or even the internal hard drive of the laptop as I have a profile in it to connect to my media while at home).
If it were to have a copy queue and background operation, much better.

I have no clue on how to program in Phyton, but am quite literate in computers.

Do you think there is an easy way to implement this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Noone?

Thanks
I had a similar idea recently for music. I would like to be able to select albums and have them queued for upload to my phone when it is connected either via wifi or USB.

I had a bit of a brainstorm and came up with some ideas for how it might function. Though I'm not entirely sure of the addon systems capabilities.

- The plugin allows you to add target devices.
- The plugin has a function (accessible via remote or skin) which when run on a media selection grabs the folder/filename and opens a menu where you select the desired target device. The filenames are then added to a device specific queue file.
- Perhaps an addon service is running at the same time pinging/checking if any target devices are connected.
- When a target device is detected a platform specific script is run which copies the filenames in the devices queue file to the device.

Sound like a useful idea to anyone else?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Export Addon/Functionality0