Play video while its buffering?
Question 
Greetings,

I am currently trying to get my brothers XBMC to play movies from my NAS. We live a few blocks from each other, so we are trying it over the internet.

However the problem we are having is that XBMC will buffer a part of the movie and then play this part, then it will pause and start buffering the next part, etc. It doesn't buffer while playing like YouTube does.

So there is no smooth playback of movies. We tried increasing the cache size with no luck. The best we got is that it will download the entire movie first (caching it) before playing. We tried it with FTP and WebDAV but both have the same result.

Current setup
Synology Disk Station DS413j

XBMC v13
windows 8.1 (64 bits), intel corei5, 8gig ram

ISP: 90mbit down / 8mbit up

Anyone who has the same problem and / or knows a solution?

Greets
Have you tried setting buffermode to 1?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-05-25, 15:09)MilhouseVH Wrote: Have you tried setting buffermode to 1?

Yes I got that on 1, just tested it, around roughly 50% of movie got buffered and worked till the end of movie.

Though roughly 50 minuts to waiting before you can begin to watch kinda long Smile, can we lower this somehow that it start sooner, lower the prebuffer?

Greets
Caching to RAM or to local drive?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play video while its buffering?0