Win Instruction for using LCD smartie and iMON LCD/VFD displays
Thanks a lot Tuomio!!!! :-)

I will try during the weekend and let you know! It seems that anyway all is working well thanks to your first trial!

Keep in touch!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
is the first post Kodi compatible ?
I need instructions for Kodi/VFD combination, are the files from the first post same for VFD?
Looking at the source code, it looks for a process named "xbmc" - so it will never work with kodi unless that check is amended for both.

On an unrelated note, for anyone with the VFD from an Antec Fusion (with the 4-pin FDD power connector that doesn't work with iMON manager), if you use the imond.dll in smartie, it works Big Grin
Hello,
please nedge2k tell me how to use the imond.dll !

I'm testing on win7_x86 with kodi 14.1 on a Antec Fusion Remote and nothing works... I desesperate ...

Of course Smartie works but the link between kodi and Smartie dont work ; the only think i retreive is the status of kodi (....dll,1,,) --> 1 --> meaning thas kodi is running...

I'm waiting for your answer.

(sorry for the translation; I'm French)
as yet i haven't got it working with kodi. what i was referring to is getting the old antec fusion vfd (with the 4-pin fdd power connector) to work with lcdsmartie as it will not work with imon. to work with kodi also, it requires the plugin to be recompiled from source and changing the source to check for a kodi process instead of xbmc.

if i ever get round to making it work, i'll post back in here but i'm quite busy at the moment and it might take me some time to figure it out (i'm not a software developer but i am vaguely familiar with the processes).

...plus, due to a tv card issue i'm having, i've just had to re-install windows so none of it is working for me at the moment! Tongue
(2014-12-01, 02:29)R3N3 Wrote: is the first post Kodi compatible ?

Finally got time to upgrade to Kodi and everything works as before without modifying anything. So if you have the iMon LCD, then the first post is still valid.

(2015-02-12, 22:21)chrek196 Wrote: Of course Smartie works but the link between kodi and Smartie dont work ; the only think i retreive is the status of kodi (....dll,1,,) --> 1 --> meaning thas kodi is running...

The XBMC for LCDSmartie plugin works with Kodi as before at least in my setup so it shouldn't be the problem... Are you sure you have everything setup correctly?

(2015-01-30, 00:08)nedge2k Wrote: On an unrelated note, for anyone with the VFD from an Antec Fusion (with the 4-pin FDD power connector that doesn't work with iMON manager), if you use the imond.dll in smartie, it works Big Grin

Well this is great, I'll add this info to the first post. It's clearly a better display because you can't use the crappy iMon manager Big Grin
Hi , in my configuration i dont have LCDSmartie.exe.config ?
Kodi Helix 14.2 - Windows 7 64 bits - Zalman HD160 Plus
i find the problem , it's because i dont try beta

now it's good but LCD dont use Kodi informations ...
now i have a new error :

could tell me what you put in "screens" and "actions"
same here, got one Screen:

$dll(XBMC4LCDSmartie.dll,1,,)

do i have to enter the path to the directory in the plugin-options?
Does anyone have step by step configuration guide for configuring VFD display in conjunction with using the SG_VFD.dll? I've tried imon.dll and specifying the dll path. Always giving me "Display not found" error. Same goes with imond.dll. My guess is my VFD display is not supported. I'm using Silverstone LC20M.
I was getting the same connection errors trying to load the XBMC4LCDSmartie.dll errors, but fixed that by changing LCDSmartie.exe.config to this;

Code:
<configuration>
<appSettings>
  <add key="XBMC4LCDSmartie.Host" value="127.0.0.1"/>
  <add key="XBMC4LCDSmartie.Port" value="9090"/>
  <add key="XBMC4LCDSmartie.XBMCTestMode" value="TCP"/>
  <add key="XBMC4LCDSmartie.RefreshInt" value="300"/>
</appSettings>
<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" />
</startup>
<runtime>
    <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" />
  </runtime>
</configuration>

Now just got to figure out why the display is blank Sad
Hello, I went ahead and followed this to use on Windows 7 x64 /Kodi latest version and it does not work.
Have the Antec Fusion case Silver it is LCD not VFD always get error that SG_VFD.dll isn't in directory when it is.

Is there any other program that will work besides LCD Smartie?
Or is there another sg_VFD I should use besides the one that I am using from the SOUNDGRAPH\iMON\ folder ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Instruction for using LCD smartie and iMON LCD/VFD displays1