Req AN5 UX Improvements
I would like to start off by saying that this skin is amazing and I don't know why it isn't the default XBMC skin.

Anyways, these are a few small changes I think would improve the skin:

- Show relevant movie info in the Shift view (from what I've seen, it's a very popular view). When picking a movie, info like runtime, movie rating and movie year seem a lot more relevant to me than a list of the codecs. I just imagine a neckbeard talking some people out of watching a movie because it wasn't using his favourite audio codec Smile

- In the episode view, there is no indication that there are episodes beneath the fold. Drawing the next episode names so they go off-screen, or some sort of visual cue like an arrow or dots would be a good idea. Also, the expected action when somebody goes into a season is to start looking at episodes, so the focus should start on the first episode, instead of the back button (although I have a feeling that's an XBMC issue). On that note, when you focus on the back button, it shows the fanart for TV Shows in general, when I think it should show the fanart for the specific TV show you've selected. It's awkward to see fanart for a different show when you've already chosen the show and the season.

- On the main menu, The highlight on the sub-menu is difficult to see with certain backgrounds (and maybe on my TV because it's a few years old). A bit more contrast would be nice. Also the old option to remove the top bar with the time & date was a good one. You've made good steps towards minimalism- might as well keep going!

Aside from those small issues, the skin is really great! I plan on contributing when my work calms down a bit.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AN5 UX Improvements0