Gotham Can't Find my NAS
Hello, I just upgraded to the latest Gotham today (the May 4 version)

In the previous version, to add my NAS (synology server), I just have to select Zeroconf Browser, and it will show my "DiskStation (AFP)" drive, then I can just go on to select the folders.

Now when I click Zeroconf Browser, I can still see DiskStation (AFP), but when I click on it, the lower right corner shows a "Working" sign for a while, then nothing happens. I have no idea how to resolve this. :\

sorry I am pretty inexperienced with these things. Any help will be much appreciated.
Which version did you download? The x86-64 version of Gotham does not seem to work with AFP. Use the regular (32-bit) version if you need AFP. It might be a good idea to migrate to another format (e.g. nfs) eventually as AFP support is fading.
Hi yes i downloaded the 64 bit because I have the 2013 iMac so I thought 64 was the one for me.

How do I migrate to nfs? do I have to do it on the Synology server side? Will my Mac have problem accessing it when outside of XBMC?
There is a guide to setting up nfs access on a Synology NAS in the XBMC wiki. You can leave AFP on for using with your Macs if you want to.
great. Thanks a lot for the advise!!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham Can't Find my NAS0