• 4(current)
Perfect Player - IPTV/Media player and playlist generator for XBMC (IPTV-Simple)
Does perfect player work on android tablets?
(2014-09-27, 16:49)gsfarr Wrote: Does perfect player work on android tablets?
Not now. In development.
I use a m3u file. I read it into the player, change order, grouping etc, but am not able to save it back to a m3u file. I only see XML. I have tried some XML to M3U converter, but they either does not read this file or the outcome becomes corrupted.

I found the original m3u file located at C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\PerfectPlayer, but all changes is in the settings.xml which is still not in m3u format.

I would appreciate to know how to save to m3u
(2014-09-30, 18:37)thoklo Wrote: I use a m3u file. I read it into the player, change order, grouping etc, but am not able to save it back to a m3u file. I only see XML. I have tried some XML to M3U converter, but they either does not read this file or the outcome becomes corrupted.

I found the original m3u file located at C:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\PerfectPlayer, but all changes is in the settings.xml which is still not in m3u format.

I would appreciate to know how to save to m3u
You need to enter output m3u playlist into Properties -> XBMC playlist filed. This playlist will be generated automatically as you make any changes.

Guess, I will make initial settings video review soon.
Great looking Player. Few questions about it. Can and will your support DVB subtitles? The stream I am playing all include one or more subtitles but I can't find a way to enable them. Also what M3U playlist attributes do you parse? Can you parse the default ones that other player understand for example:

#EXTINF:-1, group-title="Funny" tvg-name="EPG_ID1" tvg-logo="http://server.com/funny.png" radio=true,Funny X

Thank you for your answer.
(2014-10-01, 10:58)akralj Wrote: Great looking Player. Few questions about it. Can and will your support DVB subtitles? The stream I am playing all include one or more subtitles but I can't find a way to enable them.
Subtitles is not supported yet. Maybe I will add subtitles feature later if someone would need it and I have free time for doing this.

Quote:Also what M3U playlist attributes do you parse? Can you parse the default ones that other player understand for example:
#EXTINF:-1, group-title="Funny" tvg-name="EPG_ID1" tvg-logo="http://server.com/funny.png" radio=true,Funny X
I guess, all m3u playlist tags you've mentioned are supported. Although, tvg-id is more preferred tag then tvg-name, and tvg-logo can only be a local file (image filename placed in Logos directory).
I guess enabling subtitle selection should not be that difficult. They are very simillar to the multiple audio streams. Let me know if you need a tester.

And thank you for explaining how you parse M3U playlist. I will modify my playlist and test them out. Are there any other possible attributes that I can use?
(2014-10-01, 12:02)akralj Wrote: I guess enabling subtitle selection should not be that difficult. They are very simillar to the multiple audio streams. Let me know if you need a tester.

And thank you for explaining how you parse M3U playlist. I will modify my playlist and test them out. Are there any other possible attributes that I can use?
Actually, you shouldn't modify playlist manually - you can add your playlist and then make any changes and settings in GUI (logos and EPG assignments, sortings, groups...).
Later program will notify you of a new, lost and restored channels (if you are getting playlist from provider).
Initially I wish to import my channels with premade playlist with all the needed attributes like group, epg id, logo. I just tried this but it fails as he doesn't correctly read the attibutes. Instead of channel name, her shows all of the attibutes in single line.

My custom generated M3U looks like this:

#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:10, group-title="Group" tvg-id="CH_1" tvg-name="CH_1" tvg-logo="CH_1.png",CH 1
http://server.com:65000/udp/240.1.2.3:5005

For XMLTV I use a XMLTV file in gz format and he reads it correctly. All the EPG ID in M3U are made just for this XMLTV file and in XBMC for example they sync perfectly.

Another issue I saw. When I start viewing the channel the images is not streched over full screen but in 4:3 format. I can play with the zoom but he zooms whole image and not just streches to the whole screen. Any idea why?
(2014-10-01, 12:25)akralj Wrote: #EXTM3U
#EXTINF:10, group-title="Group" tvg-id="CH_1" tvg-name="CH_1" tvg-logo="CH_1.png",CH 1
http://server.com:65000/udp/240.1.2.3:5005
As I have seen before comma have to be right before channel's name. I will improve parsing to fix this issure. Thanks.
Alternatively, you can remove comma after 10 - this will fix channels names.

Quote:Another issue I saw. When I start viewing the channel the images is not streched over full screen but in 4:3 format. I can play with the zoom but he zooms whole image and not just streches to the whole screen. Any idea why?
Maybe you need to change aspect ratio for this channel ('w' key while playing or in video options window 'p').
Yes! I have removed comma an now he is showing channel name correctly. p key is also working but for current viewing channel only. If I change channel he will no longer remember the setting (16:10 in my case). Can this option be available as "global" for all channels?

Also I noticed the playback is a bit "jerky". Not smooth. But only when I have the video full screen. It play perfectly in the small top right window while configuration window is shown. It doesn't matter if I have deinterlace enabled/disable. Maybe because my computer screen has big 1920 x 1200 resolution?

And for some reason EPG is not binded automatically when he loads the playlist. Even if now I have correct tvg-id and tvg-name attibutes (both are same value) in M3U playlist. I think at one point this was working.

When watching video can channels be selected by channel number?

Thanks again!
(2014-10-01, 13:50)akralj Wrote: Yes! I have removed comma an now he is showing channel name correctly. p key is also working but for current viewing channel only. If I change channel he will no longer remember the setting (16:10 in my case). Can this option be available as "global" for all channels?
This is individual settings as most of channels usually report right aspect ratio so you don't need to change it.
What you need is probably Properties -> (Playback tab) Fit width check box - this will zoom videos to fill all screen width.

Quote:Also I noticed the playback is a bit "jerky". Not smooth. But only when I have the video full screen. It play perfectly in the small top right window while configuration window is shown. It doesn't matter if I have deinterlace enabled/disable. Maybe because my computer screen has big 1920 x 1200 resolution?
First of all you should check is your graphics hardware acceleration in use... press 'o' key to see.
If you have slow video card you can try Render priority: Speed.

Quote:And for some reason EPG is not binded automatically when he loads the playlist. Even if now I have correct tvg-id and tvg-name attibutes (both are same value) in M3U playlist. I think at one point this was working.
As PP can handle multiple EPG sources, it uses it's own tvg-ids (to avoid id conflicts). So you should assign EPGs in GUI automatically or manually.

Quote:When watching video can channels be selected by channel number?
Not yet.
It shows hardware acceleration: no. I selected Speed and playback is fine now. Actually I selected Quality back and it plays fine now.

So issues I have is still only with ratio. If I select zoom they zoom "too much". Only way to get whole video inside screen is by selecting 16:10.
(2014-10-01, 14:58)akralj Wrote: It shows hardware acceleration: no. I selected Speed and playback is fine now. Actually I selected Quality back and it plays fine now.
For Nvidia and AMD cards it can automatically detect hardware acceleration abilities.
If you have Intel graphics card you can try to force using hardware acceleration:
Control Panel -> System -> Advanced system settings -> Environment Variables -> System variables -> New ->
Variable name: J2D_D3D_NO_HWCHECK
Variable value: true
Then restart program.

Quote:So issues I have is still only with ratio. If I select zoom they zoom "too much". Only way to get whole video inside screen is by selecting 16:10.
I will add video options settings (deinterlace, zoom, aspect ratio) for all selected channels in new update soon...
It now shows HW acceleration Yes after I have setup the system variable. My system has integrated Intel graphical card. But correct aspect ratio is still not working for all channels.

About EPG. The EPG ID and channel name are not always same in my case. That is why I use tvg-id="CH_1" tvg-name="CH_1" but they do not get automatically connected with EPG source. It is a long process to bind almost 180 channels with EPG ID from XMLTV source. Can you please also add this to be read from M3U and connected automatically?

Looking forward to the new release.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Perfect Player - IPTV/Media player and playlist generator for XBMC (IPTV-Simple)9