Gotham works in guest but not admin on mavericks
I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this, and I sure don't understand how, but it works. I have had a whole lot of disappointment lately with xbmc on my mac. Frodo worked for a while. We all no the drill remove it then re-install and it doesn't work... Well I had this crazy idea and tried it in my guest account. I was expecting the same unhappy results though to my surprise it comes on and does exactly as it should. The only drawback is all my media is in my main user account. Okay, so if it'll help anyone or all of us, presently i just slip things into some form of removable volume then turn on the guest account to use xbmc. Though I sure would like to understand why it is that it will work in the guest account but not the rest of my macbook?
We all know the drill? Apparently not, because I've uninstalled and reinstalled XBMC countless times on my admin accounts in OS X and have not had it just stop working because it was reinstalled.

Try deleting the guisettings.xml file in your userdata folder (wiki) for your original account.
Yeah its because your new account has a clean userdata folder - has nothing to do with beeing admin or guest ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks. I wish that were the case. I just double checked my user data file. There is nothing in there about xbmc
~/Library/Application Support/XBMC
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2014-05-28, 09:22)WesleyD Wrote: Thanks. I wish that were the case. I just double checked my user data file. There is nothing in there about xbmc

Not your computer user folder, but XBMC's userdata folder (wiki). See the Mac OS X FAQ (wiki) if you have any trouble locating it, as Apple now hides the user Library folder by default.
The userdata folder is very important to backup, so you can restore or go back to your previous settings. But for a clean new xbmc install you just have to get rid of that userdata folder, it's impossible to install a clean xbmc without cleaning your userdata folder.

But you have to remember that all your personal settings are located in the userdata folder, it's your most important xbmc folder to backup, it's your unique xbmc folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham works in guest but not admin on mavericks0