XBMC customizations stopped working
Hi all,

I have a well working XBMC 12 running on Windows 7.
Recently I also installed Windows 8 and I'm trying to get XBMC 13 configured on this.

However, some of the customizations that I did stopped working... Undecided

First of all I have a few changes for recognizing all my episodes.

For this I created following advancedsettings.xml
I can see in the log that it is loaded:
Code:
09:14:42 T:3568  NOTICE: Loaded settings file from special://profile/advancedsettings.xml
09:14:42 T:3568  NOTICE: Contents of special://profile/advancedsettings.xml are...
                                            <advancedsettings>
                                              <tvshowmatching action="append">
                                                <!-- XBMC has tried, now its our turn again -->
                                                <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[][ ._-]*[xX][Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)$</regexp>
                                                <regexp>\[[Ss]([0-9]+)\]_\[[Ee]([0-9]+)\]?([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
                                                <regexp>[\._ \[\-\\/]([0-9]+)x([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
                                                <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[\.\-]?[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
                                                <regexp>[\._ \-\\/]([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])([\._ \-][^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]video_ts)[\\/]video_ts.ifo)?</regexp>
                                              </tvshowmatching>
                                            </advancedsettings>

But when running the "Missing Movie Scanner" add-on, I can clearly see that it is not working anymore...
None of my previously recognised DVDs are seen and also episodes with "x" between the Season and Episode are not seen...

Does anyone know if something changed in XBMC 13 that could have an impact?

Secondly I have also modified themoviedb scraper a little

I did this to ignore a prefix, so that I can group and order moviesets also in Windows explorer

I did this by modifying the CreateSearchUrl:
Code:
<CreateSearchUrl dest="3">
    <RegExp input="$$1" output="\1" dest="1">
      <expression noclean="1">%5b[0-9]+%5d%20(.*)</expression>
    </RegExp>
        <RegExp input="$$1" output="&lt;url&gt;http://api.tmdb.org/3/search/movie?api_key=57983e31fb435df4df77afb854740ea9&amp;amp;query=\1&amp;amp;year=$$4&amp;amp;language=$INFO[language]&lt;/url&gt;" dest="3">
            <RegExp input="$$2" output="\1" dest="4">
                <expression clear="yes">(.+)</expression>
            </RegExp>
            <expression noclean="1" />
        </RegExp>
    </CreateSearchUrl>

Also this isn't working anymore and I seem to have lost the way to debug this.
In XBMC 12 I could see what $$1 is, after enabling debug logging. In XBMC 13, I can no longer find this.
Anyone know how where I can find this?

Thanks!!
Oopsie...

Just found out why it wasn't working...

After updating "advancedsettings.xml" and "tmdb.xml", I only restarted XBMC.
This does not rescrape / rescan all sources. For that I needed to change the contents to nothing and then change it back to movies / episodes.

This already the 2nd time that I bounce against this issue... Perhaps it would improve XBMCs user-friendly-ness, if it could just warn the user of this when it detects a change in those files...
"advancedsettings.xml" says it all. You want to use it so you need to know what you are doing.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
it is not because it is for advanced users only that it is forbidden to make it more user friendly Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC customizations stopped working0