Audio issues with xbmcbuntu Frodo + Intel HDMI
I have issues with choppy, and accelerated audio, with pops and clicks .

I have installed a full LXDE desktop and perhaps this caused the issue?

I have good clean analog audio.

Log below
http://teknogeekz.com/logs/Audio_xbmc.log
Remove your addons. You are running a complete fusion repo, which causes a lot of errors in your log.

Then come back and produce a minimal Debug Log with just a sample playing that does not work.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
so you are saying the repo is causing the audio issues? That is what you seem to imply but this same set of ad ons does not cause issues on other hardware. Errors in the log yes , but errors with audio, most likely not!

I do not believe the issue to be the repos, as the issue is unique to this hardware on HDMI, even compareds to RPi and ATV1 running same repos

here is a second log file as I may have uploaded the wrong one before as I did not see the playback there

http://teknogeekz.com/logs/Audio2_xbmc.log
To make it Easy to find where the playback starts, search for "13:34:17 T:140247794972416"

The audio discontinuity noted there does not appear on analog out.

I might also add that even GUI sounds are distorted, so the problem is not unique to the playback engine.

Let me know when removing repos and add ons becomes part of the "how to upload a log file" instructions. Sounds almost like you are asking to clean install negating the work done so far instead of trying to see where the problem with the audio lies. Are you by chance a former Toshiba, Dell or Gateway employee?
I want to see a clean log, cause with all that clibber in there, noe one can see anything.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Quote:Let me know when removing repos and add ons becomes part of the "how to upload a log file" instructions. Sounds almost like you are asking to clean install negating the work done so far instead of trying to see where the problem with the audio lies. Are you by chance a former Toshiba, Dell or Gateway employee?

Nope. I am not. I have written your Audio Engine and don't care to help you in the future.
(2014-05-27, 22:07)fritsch Wrote:
Quote:Let me know when removing repos and add ons becomes part of the "how to upload a log file" instructions. Sounds almost like you are asking to clean install negating the work done so far instead of trying to see where the problem with the audio lies. Are you by chance a former Toshiba, Dell or Gateway employee?

Nope. I am not. I have written your Audio Engine and don't care to help you in the future.

And to add we do not support anything piracy or whatever related. So having those repos installed...
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn

it is playing a file from an local SMB share if you bothered to check the log , not even anything off the internet .

what I have installed is not relevant to the problem. Removing all of the add - ons, and repos is not an option for me. BTW where I live US copyright laws are out the window, so please stop beating me up with the "Piracy"

Fritsch,
I toild you exactly where the playback starts and even made mention of the "Audio discontinuity" in the logs
stick your head in the sand then maybe it will all go away?

Is this a new official policy at these forums now that not even log files can display 3rd party add ons? Maybe there is a little selective judgement happening here?

Maybe someone needs to clarify if you are limiting log files from displaying 3rd party add ons now
see this post which is relevant here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1721452
you do realise that YOU want help, right? The least you can do is to provide a readable log, otherwise nobody will look at it.
I posted a "readable" log . The problem appears to be that dev/mods on this forum are takibg an attitide about what add ons appear in said log. I suppose for that reason I will not post the solutuion when I find it. I would be better off seeking help elsewhere in the future

Alienation, yes team xbmc you have done it again with another . You may want to re-think your practices

A strange coincidence also happened after making this original post and subsequent correspondence with un-named dev. seems my server was attacked from very close to Karlsruhe. Coincidence? I ask myself the same question!
When I opened said "readable" log... I said f*ck it. It had almost nothing to do with piracy addons. It's a mess and nobody want to dive in and read every irrelevant lines to find the issue.

You need help, you should asked & provided easier to understand log. Not whole lot of lines about numerous addons. While your problem is with audio issue which I believe has nothing to do with those addons you installed. Better cleanup your installation , install no addons and provided smaller &cleaner log.
oldpoem
I do not see that you previously said ANYTHING on this thread. If I wrote to you like that, I would be banned so I am guessing if you are still here you consider yourself an untouchable prima donna?

The problem is not xbmc it is that you need to install kernel 3.10.34 despite the bug supposedly being "fixed"

You can read about the supposed "fix" that does not work here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sourc...ug/1256655

installing the older kernel does work

Stick that in your audio engine and smoke it!
Better not - you would come back and start whining about the smokey sound.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio issues with xbmcbuntu Frodo + Intel HDMI0