Simple few button IR remote
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone know of a small, very simple remote (few buttons) that uses IR. I need a couple for a project I am doing.

I throw in a few pictures as reference of what I am looking for, I bought the Radxa Rock "13 keys simple remote" and found this to be ideal for my project. I was a bit surprised by the quality and feel actually, all the buttons have a nice click sound/feel when you push them with a quick and firm bounce. Sadly they have stopped producing it so no luck there, anyways here is a image for reference.

Two others I have found so far is the XIAOMI box remote and the XBOX One Media Remote. XBOX One Media Remote is a bit more pricy and might have unnecessary buttons, I have only found the XIAOMI remote on Ebay with a month delivery time or so.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading
I am looking for exactly something like that. before i built my htpc i used an apple tv and i loved the remote so much.
Now i built a HTPC with integrated IR but the remote is so ugly. A logitech harmony is also not an option because the remote is also ugly Smile
i think the buttons from the original apple tv would be a little too less but your pictures looks great!!

PS:
apple tv remote looks like this:
I use a Toshiba rc6 remote in the bedroom, http://m.ebay.com/itm/281084218641?nav=SEARCH
(2014-05-27, 10:17)Jaman42 Wrote: Image

Any suggestions?

Thanks for reading

My suggestion would be NOT to get the new X-BOX ONE remote.
The Volume and Channel buttons repeat at a painfully slow rate.

It would be an absolutely fantastic remote except for that.
Minimalist remote controls are very hard to come by unfortunately.

I'd go with the Xbox One remote if what FishOil says doesn't bother you, it has excellent build quality and is supported in bleeding edge versions of Openelec.

Satechi make these Bluetooth presentation remotes for iOS and Android, not tried them out though.
OP, what did you end up getting?
It's been a while, but I've just ordered the Asus O!Play Mini remote off ebay [listing] to test out. I'm always looking for nice compact remotes, preferably MCE, but it no longer is a requirement.

Just checked at Radxa, and they still seem to have a small 11-key remote [link].
Xbox One Remote is also backlit...
How easy is it to program the Xbox one remote? Does it work with the built-in IR?

EDIT: Looks like it was recently added to openELEC so it should work out of the box now on a NUC?
(2014-06-23, 08:35)jrdnlc Wrote: OP, what did you end up getting?

I bought the new Radxa 11 key and a XIAOMI box remote. If we are comparing build quality the XIAMO remote wins (also more expensive) but both feels surprisingly well built. For me the price and availability was the deal-breaker, since I will be ordering a few now and then I decided to go with the 11-key. It's cheap and with DHL express shipping it only takes 3-4 days from China to Sweden. It's not optimal but will work fine for my project.
Have you ever gotten that Xiaomi one to work?
Ordered it as well plus a few others but couldn't get it to work with flirc or the raspi I had laying around.
I'm pretty sure more people would like to use remotes with less buttons.
As far as build quality goes I'm also impressed with the xiaomi one, and after some research because I couldn't get it working I found out there's apparently a bluetooth version for their tv!
Maybe that could be a next stop.
Any simple IR learning remote to control tv / amp + FLIRC for the chromebox ? Can't find any with a good button mapping..
(2014-08-15, 00:58)Woppie Wrote: Have you ever gotten that Xiaomi one to work?
Ordered it as well plus a few others but couldn't get it to work with flirc or the raspi I had laying around.
I'm pretty sure more people would like to use remotes with less buttons.
As far as build quality goes I'm also impressed with the xiaomi one, and after some research because I couldn't get it working I found out there's apparently a bluetooth version for their tv!
Maybe that could be a next stop.

Yeah, i configured it with lirc in Ubuntu
Is there a particular small usb one you could recommend?
I'm looking at this one but I'm hoping for something smaller en preferably cheaper; http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/USB_Infrared_Toy
Also is it able to turn on the htpc over usb? Some feature I really don't want to loose over what I got now.
(2014-08-15, 09:23)Woppie Wrote: Is there a particular small usb one you could recommend?
I'm looking at this one but I'm hoping for something smaller en preferably cheaper; http://dangerousprototypes.com/docs/USB_Infrared_Toy
Also is it able to turn on the htpc over usb? Some feature I really don't want to loose over what I got now.

Sorry, haven't been playing around with any USB ones, just using the built-in IR in the NUC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Simple few button IR remote0