Bug report thread
Post them here.
There is still a link to set the subtitle addon in the skin settings, that needs to go for Gotham.

Excellent work though! I can upgrade to Gotham now...
Thanks, I did some more cleanup work today.

Any ideas why Random Items row isn't working for me? It was working on the previous version of the skin under Gotham. The skin widgets extra is installed and seems to be working.

How do you change the first row to something other than Random Items (like you have in the screenshots)?

Update: Turned out to be an old guisettings.xml... deleting it and letting XBMC recreate it did the trick.
It looks like the Playlist option is missing? (The simple playlist, not Smart Playlists.) I know for Gotham it was moved to the side menu, and it's there when I use the default Confluence skin. I don't see it anywhere when using XeeBo though.
Dialog buttons are not accessible by keyboard

Since XBMC is designed as a 10-feet media interface, the user should be able to do everything just with a keyboard or infra-red remote, and without a mouse.
But dialog buttons (like in GTK or Qt) are not accessible without a mouse. At least I didn't find a way.

Example:
Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from zip file -> OK & Cancel buttons
(There are probably many more examples)
(2014-06-13, 07:45)Shoehorn Wrote: It looks like the Playlist option is missing? (The simple playlist, not Smart Playlists.) I know for Gotham it was moved to the side menu, and it's there when I use the default Confluence skin. I don't see it anywhere when using XeeBo though.

Missed it - will be in next version.

(2014-06-13, 07:58)saeedgnu Wrote: Dialog buttons are not accessible by keyboard

Since XBMC is designed as a 10-feet media interface, the user should be able to do everything just with a keyboard or infra-red remote, and without a mouse.
But dialog buttons (like in GTK or Qt) are not accessible without a mouse. At least I didn't find a way.

Example:
Settings -> Add-ons -> Install from zip file -> OK & Cancel buttons
(There are probably many more examples)
What are GTK or Qt?

Also 'Install from Zip' buttons work fine for me using a remote.
(2014-06-13, 18:21)Hitcher Wrote: Missed it - will be in next version.

Awesome, thanks Hitcher.

I haven't noticed any other issues yet, but I'll be giving the skin a full exploration tonight. I just upgraded Gotham to the new 13.1 release and so far XeeBo is still working great.
When I hover over the Recently Added Album row, it causes the Recently Added Episodes row to go from Poster(what I have set as the default) to Episode image. It returns to the Poster after removing focus on the Album row.
Hitcher, thanks a bunch for the update!

I did some testing the last days and ran into the following bugs:
  • script.watchlist is run in line 4 in SkinSettings.xml. I guess that should be script.skin.widgets if anything? Anyway, it gives an error, if one still has (a variant of) script.watchlist installed (such as the one required by the reFocus skin).
  • Home lists labels on the home screen are not updated, when the UI language is changed (settings > appearance > language). Workaround: change the home lists settings back and forth (per each row) as well.
  • The "log off [user]" option on the exit menu is missing.
  • I deleted guisettings.xml to test something. After switching back to Xeebo on restart, it is not possible to Set Row #1 in the home lists anymore. The entry simply does not appear in the skin settings. (Un-)installing Xeebo does not help. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that Home List 1 is set to Random and that Random is not available among the options for the home lists in the skin settings? (Yes, this has been addressed above already, but I think one can only get passed this, if one changes the skin settings right after one has changed the skin back to Xeebo (after deleting guisettings.xml), without going to the home screen first.)
  • (Where) is it possible to set the Home List Buttons (i.e. where can I determine what happens when I click on e.g. Ongoing TV Shows (not the items in the list but the text itself) on the home screen)? Right now it seems as if the targets stay the same, no matter what I choose as a Home List 2 for example. IMO it does not make a lot of sense if clicking on Ongoing TV Shows (assuming I have set that as Home List 2, say) takes me to Recently Added Movies library view. Does this have to do with the fact that
    Code:
    <!--onclick>Skin.SetString(Home_List_2_Button,)</onclick-->
    (and similar) is commented out in SkinSettings.xml?
I also updated the German translation files on Transifex. Some things I noticed:
  • The English strings.po file in v5.9 does not match the one on Transifex. Some of the msgid's do not match (e.g. for msgctxt #31033), which means that they also do not match in the strings.po files in other languages and the corresponding msgstr are therefore not translated in the UI. (Not sure why XBMC apparently needs a msgctxt *and* msgid to match, though).
  • Two entries are not valid: Entry 143 "Designed for ease of use..." does not have a proper key and entry 145 just reads $LOCALIZE[31010], but that key is not referenced anywhere in the skin files AFAIK.
Some older bugs/feature requests which have not been adressed so far I think:
  • On my raspbmc I cannot add a favourite to the custom list. If type = favourite, nothing happens when I try to open the path menu.
  • Would it be possible to add favourites as a home list? I.e. not item by item to custom lists but as a list as a whole? Or is there a deeper meaning in having two essentially similar lists, i.e. custom list and favorites?
  • Would it be possible to enable looping in all menus? E.g. if you are on the last item in the main menu it jumps to the top if you press down, or if you are on the right on one of the home lists it jumps to the left most item of that list (or better even the list title/button) and vice versa?
And some cosmetic issues:
  • The subtitle of the Weather settings button (#31053) reads "Select up to 3 weather locations", but it is possible to select up to 5 locations.
  • Would you consider putting the settings in Skin > Settings > Views into Skin > Settings > General? At least I did not figure out right away, how the items in Views are systematically different from e.g. "Enable higher Video OSD" in General. Or to rename Views to 'Library Views', because that's why they have their own settings page, right?
  • Really your call (well everything is actually), but I find the XBMC icon on the home screen too much in your face. I like the default windows or iOS icons better. Without a border for instance.
  • Is there a some kind of system in when to use title vs. sentence case in the English skin? My first hunch was that Xeebo uses title case for labels but the main XBMC (for lack of a better word) uses sentence case. Compare e.g. the home list "Recently Added Episodes" and the library list "Recently added episodes". Then I had a look at the English strings.po files in both Xeebo and Confluence, and within each of them title and sentence case seem to be mixed as well. FWIW I'd prefer sentence case throughout.
(2014-06-13, 23:24)bonelifer Wrote: When I hover over the Recently Added Album row, it causes the Recently Added Episodes row to go from Poster(what I have set as the default) to Episode image. It returns to the Poster after removing focus on the Album row.
+1. I think it also happens with Random Episodes, but only when Random or Recently Added Episodes are set as Home List 3. The switch to thumbs only happens when the focus is on Home List 4.
(2014-07-01, 13:52)dapperdanman Wrote:
  • script.watchlist is run in line 4 in SkinSettings.xml. I guess that should be script.skin.widgets if anything? Anyway, it gives an error, if one still has (a variant of) script.watchlist installed (such as the one required by the reFocus skin).

I'm curious about this (reFocus' watchlist script is mine). Where are you getting a version of the skin that is calling the watchlist script in such a way? I'd be curious to take a look, as the watchlist script isn't designed to be called like this at all!
@Unfletched: My guess is that there are two scripts called script.watchlist unfortunately and this call is referring to the old one, which is now deprecated and superseded by service.skin.widgets (See also the first post in the Skin Widgets thread.

Regarding my comment above about the looping in the home lists above: That does not work of course. (At least not to the left, how would one access the menu then?)
(2014-07-03, 16:55)dapperdanman Wrote: @Unfletched: My guess is that there are two scripts called script.watchlist unfortunately and this call is referring to the old one, which is now deprecated and superseded by service.skin.widgets (See also the first post in the Skin Widgets thread.

Ah ok, that makes sense. I haven't been part of the XBMC community long enough to know about the original watchlist script and in all truth, my script really should be script.plugin.watchlist Blush (except a Team XBMC member made his feelings clear that it wouldn't ever be accepted onto the repo, so I never fixed that - it was a surprise when this was relented, and I never changed it.) I apologise for causing an error and will make the necessary changes so that this gets fixed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug report thread0