New pivos box announced.
You might be very surprised by TOFU under the Android/MX. If it did not have better performance than M3/Linux, Pivos would have kept doing a Linux build.
(2014-05-30, 04:53)davilla Wrote:
(2014-05-29, 19:10)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks that GPU is getting a little dated now?

It's perfectly fine for an Android entry level box. Seriously, if you want a very high performance GPU, stick with desktop and get the latest Nvidia card, it will smoke anything that Android has to offer.

Good to know!

Would anyone happen to know if this pivos will be able to have multiple hard drives connected and remember their names on reboot? I hear that's a problem with the current pivos .
(2014-05-30, 23:02)calev Wrote: Would anyone happen to know if this pivos will be able to have multiple hard drives connected and remember their names on reboot? I hear that's a problem with the current pivos .
from my experience that's a problem with most android boxes.

(2014-05-29, 19:10)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: Am I the only one that thinks that GPU is getting a little dated now?
agreed, especially when you can get a quad core ouya for the same price. I also had one of the devs on the pivos forum test this file out on the xs https://www.dropbox.com/s/qm8v3yfibfzhdz...29-001.mkv and it choked but the ouya plays it fine in m2ts container.
(2014-05-31, 00:30)tennisbgc Wrote:
(2014-05-30, 23:02)calev Wrote: Would anyone happen to know if this pivos will be able to have multiple hard drives connected and remember their names on reboot? I hear that's a problem with the current pivos .
from my experience that's a problem with most android boxes.

agreed, especially when you can get a quad core ouya for the same price. I also had one of the devs on the pivos forum test this file out on the xs https://www.dropbox.com/s/qm8v3yfibfzhdz...29-001.mkv and it choked but the ouya plays it fine in m2ts container.

Let's NOT start up the confusion between GPU and hardware video decoder. They have nothing to do with each other.
Just noticed this box is getting released 7/23/14 on Newegg for $89.99.
Anyone hear anything new about this box or if a higher end one is coming soon since this is supposed to be entry level.

Has Pivos indicated when their higher-end boxes are coming?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
They won't say much as far as timetables for upcoming models now after getting burned with multiple delays on launch of entry level, last stated timeframe was Q4 2014 for mid-level in the $150 ballpark. It is slated to be a quad core CPU with 8 cores GPU, 4k2kp30 support, 2GB RAM and 8GB internal storage. No details on specs/timeframe for high end model. Entry model just shipped to retailers like Newegg. Note that $89 was a pre-order (discounted) price to reward those who were following the development. That offer will time out at some point and regular price will be $99...
Delays sound familiar. Ah well, my Fire TV will tide me over until there's a better Android box for XBMC.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
lol who would buy this over a firetv? I'm guessing it'll be overpriced like the first one.
Sounds like the higher end ones are liking to be more then chromeboxes and hitting intel nuc i3 price bracket. If the mid range is going to be about $150 or so that is chromebox range right there and I am sure the chromebox will do everything and more then these.
(2014-05-28, 18:17)logan_x50 Wrote: tofu is forked xbmc. pivos said the got hacked off with other oem of the geniatech boxes etc stealing their images...something along those lines.

Anyway, TOFU appeared on the Gamestick and showed v12.2. I couldn't spot any obvious differences between vanilla xbmc 12.2 and tofu but i don't want to incur the wrath of the wise and powerful davilla...i'm sure it was optimised

Can you prove who did steal Pivos image? please talk here seriously and if it is true just law swuit the thief.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New pivos box announced.0