OS X What causes a "Failed to rename" error?
I sometimes get a "Failed to rename" error on a newly added movie.

It pops up in a separate console window when I click the "Rename/cleanup" button. The solution is either (1) that I have to manually rename files on my own - including poster/fanart files, nfo files and subtitles, etc., or (2) that I rename the item (add an 'X' to the title or something), click "Rename/cleanup", correct the renaming (i.e., remove the 'X' from the title), then click "Rename/cleanup" a second time. This obviously gets a little tedious.

I can't see a permission problem (*ls -al* from the terminal shows that the file ownership and permissions are all the same).

Is this a known bug?

I'm using tMM 2.5.5
this error comes from the java IO core (and thus from the filesystem).
could you have a look at the logs if there is any hint for the problem (sometimes the java operations report some useful error messages Tongue)
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
No need to rename anything manually;
Usually, a restart of TMM helps (most of the time).
If that does not solve the problem on that particular movie, please send us the logfiles...
Thanks
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
Thanks - my library is clean at the moment, but I will post the logs when/if I come across it again. (DEBUG level, I'll assume, unless I hear otherwise)

and, @myron, the restart doesn't/didn't fix the problem. Besides the junk renaming, removing then readding the item does/has also worked - for me anyway.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What causes a "Failed to rename" error?0