Pictures bug in XBMC 13
I've been experiencing a bug with the Pictures viewer in XBMC since updating to Gotham. I've confirmed it on 2 different Windows PCs with entirely different hardware; both clean installs.

The problem is that on most (but not all) images there's a solid vertical stripe running down the right side of the image. See this image from another thread where a different user posted the same issue:

The stripe is of variable width depending on the image and the colour is always the colour of the top right pixel. I haven't found any pattern as to why this stripe appears on some images but not others nor why it varies in thickness.

I'd appreciate any comments as to whether anyone else is experiencing this problem.
Check the widths of jpegs with the problem.
At a guess I'd suspect images that are multiples of 8 (possibly 16) will be okay.
Thanks for the reply. You are absolutely correct. Images that are multiples of 8 pixels wide display fine whereas images with widths that are not divisible by 8 display with the stripe down the right-hand side.

Do you know if there is a way to fix this issue or is it a bug within the XBMC code?
Just thought I would re-raise this issue as I notice the problem still exists in the latest bug-fix builds and nightlies.

When displaying pictures XBMC incorrectly adds pixels to the right-hand side if the image width is not a multiple of 8.
Try posting in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=199703
Post a ticket on trac by following the bugtracker link at the top of the forum.
Added to trac here:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15377
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Might be due to this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/f563ad...re.cpp#L80 and the ffmpeg bump but not sure, because that code wasn't touched for some time. @popcornmix do you know more?
(2014-08-10, 00:17)ace20022 Wrote: Might be due to this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/f563ad...re.cpp#L80 and the ffmpeg bump but not sure, because that code wasn't touched for some time. @popcornmix do you know more?

No, I don't know about this specific bug.
I've seen similar effects effects (in other software) when widths and strides are confused.
Typically strides are rounded up to next multiple or 8 for jpegs and next multiple of 16 for video, due to macroblock size.
Textures can also require a larger stride than width.

If it affects windows and not openelec it may be a graphics driver issue, rather than an general xbmc issue.
Probably worth investigating which platforms are affected to narrow it down.
On windows I have seen it with AMD, Nvidia and Intel drivers

I'll test Openelec a bit more thoroughly maybe.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I think I'm seeing this problem on OpenELEC/Raspberry Pi/Helix (c35fa02), when viewing the SportsDevil addon fanart - there's a narrow multi-coloured vertical line of pixels visible down the right hand side. The dimensions of this fanart file - /storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.SportsDevil/fanart.jpg - are 1200x807.

This is what I'm seeing:

(The line may not be particularly obvious, in which case view the image in a separate window/tab)

There is no such line in the original image when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer.

The original artwork is available on github.

My fanartres/imageres settings are as follows, in case this makes a difference:
Code:
<fanartres>1080</fanartres>
<imageres>720</imageres>
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-05-28, 20:45)Turisu Wrote: I've been experiencing a bug with the Pictures viewer in XBMC since updating to Gotham. I've confirmed it on 2 different Windows PCs with entirely different hardware; both clean installs.

The problem is that on most (but not all) images there's a solid vertical stripe running down the right side of the image. See this image from another thread where a different user posted the same issue:

The stripe is of variable width depending on the image and the colour is always the colour of the top right pixel. I haven't found any pattern as to why this stripe appears on some images but not others nor why it varies in thickness.

I'd appreciate any comments as to whether anyone else is experiencing this problem.
I have the same problem, it seemed to me that I experienced it only with PNG pictures but maybe it was just a coincidence, I haven't controlled the exact width of the images.
I was hoping this issue would be fixed in the release of Kodi 14.0 but I see the problem still remains. I am new to the forum and not so familiar with how things with trac tickets works. How can one see if a fix is being worked on, or do we need to post a new ticket for Kodi, since the last reported ticket was for XBMC 13?
@Ace @popcornmix - any love for this one? - issue remains in Helix, confirmed.
Hello guys,

I have the same problem, just started playing with Kodi.

It would be a pitty if this can't get fixed. I've got thousands of pictures, lots of them are crops, and their pixel dimensions aren't multiples of 8. I have never encountered this problem before, and over the years I have been using many different viewers.

Please, please, fix it.

cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures bug in XBMC 130