Pictures bug in XBMC 13
Hi guys.
Same problem here in Italy..
It's years I use XBMC and it's, without any doubt, the best media manager.
Now, because of this problem with pictures, I'm obliged to use XBMC version 12.3 (Frodo).
All new versions after 12.3 (Gotham and Kodi) have this bug.
Let's hope that somebedy will listen to our cry for help..

Milhouse, do you use Openelec? I've seen that you encounter a similar problem with that icon. Could you please tell us if the bug is present in pictures gallery, with cropped pictures? Because i've read that probably, Openelec is not affected by this. I have to find the time to test it. Thanks
I resized a number of my cropped pictures to pixel widths that are multiples of 8, but there were still some pics with stripes.
It turns out that width must be multiple of 16.

This applies to tiffs, anyway, that's what I work with.

Until the bug is fixed, this means that all cropped pictures must be checked for complying width.
(2015-01-16, 12:06)rd2021 Wrote: Milhouse, do you use Openelec? I've seen that you encounter a similar problem with that icon. Could you please tell us if the bug is present in pictures gallery, with cropped pictures? Because i've read that probably, Openelec is not affected by this. I have to find the time to test it. Thanks

I see it in OpenELEC.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I'm sad to see that this issue still exists in the alpha build of Kodi 15.0. Back in the Frodo days, I used to use XBMC to show all my pictures. Now, because of this bug, I have to use the Windows 8 photo app instead.

It would be great to see this fixed. Is there any chance?
Yes this really is a bad one - it really spoils slide shows up on the projector when you have a stripe like 20cm wide down the side of an image.

@popcornmix seemed to be on to something - any chance you care to take a proper look at it? I am sure many would be grateful!
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Does this also happen when you disable the option "use pan and zoom effects"?

If enabled, the slideshow applies effects like scrolling, cropping and filling(/zoom) for panorama's (= ratio > 1.9:1). Even worse, default behaviour is to autofill 20% in attempt to reduce black bars for panorama's.

Possible workaround is to add the following to your advancedsettings.xml:
Code:
<slideshow>
  <blackbarcompensation>0</blackbarcompensation>  
</slideshow>

For photolovers, this setting should be applied be default to show your pictures 1:1 as you intended them to be.
Yes, it happens when that is disabled, I never use 'pan and zoom'.

I have tried the workaround this and it's not related to this issue. problem occurs without any crop, pan or zoom etc.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
and if you open it as a single picture? Since that logic is different and should show the original picture.
Sorry that was unintelligible! Doing two things at once...

I have tried the blackbarcompensation workaround, it does not solve the problem...
Happens in both single image and slideshow.
Since rd2021 noticed this wasn't in Frodo 12.3 and after that most picture related stuff is untouched: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commits/c47...c/pictures.

Then all there is left to investigate suggestions below.

(2014-08-10, 13:43)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-10, 00:17)ace20022 Wrote: Might be due to this: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/f563ad...re.cpp#L80 and the ffmpeg bump but not sure, because that code wasn't touched for some time. @popcornmix do you know more?

No, I don't know about this specific bug.
I've seen similar effects effects (in other software) when widths and strides are confused.
Typically strides are rounded up to next multiple or 8 for jpegs and next multiple of 16 for video, due to macroblock size.
Textures can also require a larger stride than width.

It might be that the similar logic (m_textureWidth = ((m_textureWidth + 15) / 16) * 16) should be applied to m_textureHeight aswell.

Ps.
Updating the trac-ticket with Millhouse fanart problem (textures) could upgrade this bugs priority significantly.
Fixed in kodi 15 beta 1.

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/7026

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pictures bug in XBMC 130