XBMC Third Party Libraries Question
Hi there, I'm new to Python and very new to XBMC addon development. I'm doing some research into making my first addon and am wondering how XBMC feels about external libraries? For instance, I'd like to develop something that uses PyAudio and a Wav to Flac converter. Is this at all possible? Would it be easy to distribute something like this or would the user have to install PyAudio themselves for the script to run?

Thanks for the help!

Edit:
The wav to flac converter will likely be something like Sox, and not just a python module.
If the library is pure python, then no problem - you can even add a module addon so that other devs can use it.

If the library contains binary stuff, then it can't be distributed from the XBMC repo (we do source-only), but that doesn't stop you distributing it from elsewhere. Just note that it's not necessarily trivial to support all the platforms we deal with. That doesn't need to be a restriction for you as a 3rd party dev though.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Third Party Libraries Question0