• 5(current)
Req How to boost center channel when downmixing
+5 dB, but maybe I should have selected +4 dB, music was a bit low sometimes.
Just a thought.
This Boost centre channel dB adjustment would be most useful to fine tune audio from within the Audio settings menu you can select whilst playing Videos, if that is at all possible. ?

Will this feature make it into the Helix beta?
Hi all,

I just wanted to say that I too am in need of the centre channel boost option as I output to a 2.0 enabled TV over HDMI.

I have the latest distribution of Raspbmc loaded, using the installer client, but do not see an option to boost the centre channel. It is mentioned in a post above, but I have the feeling this might be a preview build?

Sunkai.
(2014-10-29, 17:41)sunkai Wrote: I have the latest distribution of Raspbmc loaded, using the installer client, but do not see an option to boost the centre channel. It is mentioned in a post above, but I have the feeling this might be a preview build?

It's only in Helix test builds, like http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=176043
Will this feature make it into Raspbmc or OpenELEC when Helix becomes final?
(2014-12-03, 18:26)hghfdkjbfjb Wrote: Will this feature make it into Raspbmc or OpenELEC when Helix becomes final?

I think so. It's disabled by default and a number of people have reported they find it useful.
(2014-10-18, 21:26)hghfdkjbfjb Wrote: Will this feature make it into the Helix beta?

Doesn't look like it made it to the Release Candidate? Or where is this hidden?
Openelec / Kodi RC-1:

System > Settings > System > Audio output > Boost centre channel when downmixing

(2014-12-06, 06:48)wrxtasy Wrote: Openelec / Kodi RC-1:

System > Settings > System > Audio output > Boost centre channel when downmixing

Nope, isn't there. At least not in the Windows x86 Helix RC 2 build I installed yesterday.

Edit: The "Normalize levels on downmix" setting is also missing.
(2014-12-06, 18:00)BoMbY Wrote: Nope, isn't there. At least not in the Windows x86 Helix RC 2 build I installed yesterday.

It's a Pi only setting currently.
I'm not sure the audio devs (FernetMenta and Fritsch) are convinced it's necessary on other platforms.

There's some logic for it being more useful on the Pi as the analogue output has limited dynamic range.
However it does appear some are finding it useful on Pi with HDMI output, which I believe is identical to other platforms.

The patch does work on Windows if someone wants to test it in a custom build and report if it is useful.
(2014-12-06, 18:00)BoMbY Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 06:48)wrxtasy Wrote: Openelec / Kodi RC-1:

Nope, isn't there. At least not in the Windows x86 Helix RC 2 build I installed yesterday.

Edit: The "Normalize levels on downmix" setting is also missing.

Did you enable Advanced/Expert views in the settings menus? (bottom left corner in confluence)
(2014-12-06, 18:21)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-12-06, 18:00)BoMbY Wrote: Nope, isn't there. At least not in the Windows x86 Helix RC 2 build I installed yesterday.

It's a Pi only setting currently.
I'm not sure the audio devs (FernetMenta and Fritsch) are convinced it's necessary on other platforms.

There's some logic for it being more useful on the Pi as the analogue output has limited dynamic range.
However it does appear some are finding it useful on Pi with HDMI output, which I believe is identical to other platforms.

The patch does work on Windows if someone wants to test it in a custom build and report if it is useful.

Thanks, guess I'll have to get it compiling on my system somehow.

And yes, I tried advanced/expert settings. Seems like these features are very inconsistent over the different builds/platforms.
Okay, maybe it's my imagination, but I think the patch is working how it should in my build.
Greetings popcornmix,

I just tried your patch with the most recent Kodi master branch and must say that it seems to be working perfectly.
This should definitely find its way into the official final release.

Many regards and thanks again,
zytrel.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to boost center channel when downmixing3