LCD album/folder navigation
I managed to configured XBMC so that I can control it with my IR remote. But in order to navigate over the albums or folders of my music selection I have to use a TV/screen and I do not like that. So I was thinking to use LCD with XBMC. But I haven't found a keymap action for "NEXT ALBUM" or "NEXT FOLDER".

If I use LCDproc addon,would it be possible to use LCD to navigate over all albums/folders of songs and then by "confirm" button to start playing songs within the selected album? So to use LCD for navigation of albums/folders. So far it seems to me that LCD can only display currently playing song and cannot be used for navigation Sad

I really hate using a TV/screen just to switch to other music album/folder so any idea how to solve that by LCD and remote would be great! Smile

Thanks for the advice,

david
It would be pretty horrible as you wouldn't be able to see the directory tree you were navigating properly. Not so bad if you have a small number of directories and had them memorised but any more than that you'd have problems.

Assuming you have a smartphone why not use one of the remote control apps available? That's what I do. Much easier and much nicer to use.
I think it would be awesome. If use screen and go to Music->Albums they are not organized into folders - it is just long list of albums (not a three). So you must scroll thru them and choose a desired album. This could work the same way on LCD. On iOS/Android apps it works the same too. You are shown a flat list of albums and you must scroll thru all of them to choose one. I think navigating by folders could work similarly. You go thru directories then choose one, go thru sub-directories and press play. Same as on any portable device with LCD (CD, MP3 player etc.) I do not have to see the whole tree (just one album and then I go to next) ordered by name - I know what I want to play so just go thru it.

I have tried iOS, Android apps, but now when I have a working remote, I must say using apps for controlling xbmc is just a poor workaround for missing a real remote - speaking about ergonomics and usability.

Example wow to play a CD:
With Remote: 1. press one button

With App: 1. Turn wifi on (oh nooo, the phone is battery death), 2. Lunch app (have to wait since it take 10 sec to connect wifi and xbmc), 3. turn on TV to be able to see where the navigation is (none of the app shows CD), 4. press: back, back, right, enter, down, down, enter; 4. turn TV off

Not mentioning that I do not want to use wifi (and be connected all the time) just to control xbmc once in a while.

So none of that, what I asked is possible?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LCD album/folder navigation1