[Q]Record and watch another channel on IPTV
I wonder if it is possible to record one channel and watch another channel on IPTV? I have one network adapter. And I use MediaPortal as backend and XBMC as frontend, al on the same machine. How should I configure my media portal backend to have the possibility of recording one channel and watching another. I know my internet bandwidth enables me to watch tv on two diferent computers at the same time. So in theory it should be posible to do this on the same pc as well, but the only difference is I want to have the option to recored something on one channel and swatch some other channell at the same time.

Any help and advice is apperciated.

Regards
No idea. I would ask on the MediaPortal forum. I don't have IPTV working here.
For normal dvb adapters with a single tuner it is possible as long as both channels are on the same mux (frequency).
For IPTV I would expect that it is always possible but I can be wrong.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Just for the record, I was searching for the same thing and figured it out.

You just have to set to 2 the number of iptv cards :

And affect all channels to the new iptv card in the menu TV mapping.

If you want to record more than one channel and watch TV, you can add again other iptv cards.
@rasmu

Thanks for this, I will try it on weekend when I'll have more time Smile. But I have one more question, if I create another iptv card and mapp all the channels wouldn't that duplicate all the channels in XBMC list?
I have 4 iptv cards and no problem in xbmc Laugh
If using mediaportal with a DVB-S2 card, and I wanted to add in IPTV to my XBMC, would I add them to mediaportal or via the IPTV addon?

Will the EPG in XBMC then be a mix of all of the channels, OTA and IPTV?

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Q]Record and watch another channel on IPTV0