From PC to Smart tv
Hi.

I have tryed to figure out how i can see movies on my Smart TV trough my PC what is using XMBC.

I can find the XMBC server on my TV but when i open any folders every thing is just empthy. Is there not a way how i can see the XBMC screen on my tv ?
XBMC has an UPnP server that most tvs can use. To see artwork and other stuff...well XBMC doesn't have this (yet?). Depending on the SmartTV you have you might benefit from running Plex in tandem with XBMC. I do this. XBMC for my personal HTPC and Plex to stream to any devices that I might want to watch on. I believe Plex supports Samsung, GoogleTV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Chromecast. (By the way Plex also has a UPnP server that may be more compatible with your setup).

Its really easy to have both. Just export your library as separate files before launching Plex for the first time and it should pickup everything in your library. Get the trakt plugin for XBMC and Plex (from unsupported AppStore) so you can sync watched states.
(2014-05-29, 14:43)Fetterbr Wrote: I can find the XMBC server on my TV but when i open any folders every thing is just empthy.

My guess is that you're using XBMC in file mode and haven't scraped your media into the library. Only library content is exposed over DLNA/UPnP.
Edit: Turns out this is no longer the case, see Ned Scott's comment below. Sorry for any confusion.
(2014-05-29, 14:43)Fetterbr Wrote: Is there not a way how i can see the XBMC screen on my tv ?

If you mean the XBMC user interface; No, it's not possible to do that over DLNA/UPnP. You would have to hook up your PC to your TV to do that.

(2014-05-29, 17:09)desepticon Wrote: To see artwork and other stuff...well XBMC doesn't have this (yet?).

Incorrect, artwork is already supported.
Actually, non-library files are accessible via UPnP as of XBMC v12.
(2014-05-29, 18:31)Ned Scott Wrote: Actually, non-library files are accessible via UPnP as of XBMC v12.

Don't know how I've managed to miss that change. Sorry for confusing matters.
No worries, I did the same thing shortly after v12 came out. Someone slipped it in without much fanfare :D

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From PC to Smart tv0