Android p2p-streams & XBMC Player (Bug)
Bug 
System: Android 4.2.2
XBMC Version: 12,13 & 13.1 (Frodo & Gotham)
Acestream Engine 2.1.11

Log: xbmc.log

Problem

When playing a torrent stream via the XBMC Player, the stream will play for 2 - 5 minutes then stop. This problem is only present on the Android release of XBMC (Version 12, 13 & 13.1 tested with same results)

Test Results

Test stream: BT Sports 2 - 6ffd8afdd0efeee06084ee1bf91d7fc1472303fe

Android
p2p-streams -> XBMC Player = STOPS after 2 minutes (Log at top)
Torrent Stream Controller -> XBMC Player = STOPS after 2 minutes
Torrent Stream Controller -> Default Player = OK - Tested for 1 hour
Torrent Stream Controller -> VLC Player = OK - Tested for 1 hour

Windows 7
p2p-streams -> XBMC Player = OK - Tested for 1 hour

My testing eliminates all other potential problems with p2p streaming (open ports, broadband speed, ISP throttling). Clearly there is a fault in the XBMC Player for Android.
Sorry but on my OUYA it works fine for hours. Clearly there is something wrong with your combination of hardware & XBMC.
I found the fix for this over at xbmchub.

Basically, you need to create an advancedsettings.xml with these settings:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <network>
         <cachemembuffersize>252420</cachemembuffersize>
         <curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
    </network>
</advancedsettings>

Put this file in:
Code:
Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Reboot XBMC, and it should be running smooth from now on Big Grin
Thank you HighStream. the advancedsettings.xml fixed the acestream issue and worked wonderfully.

This advancedsettings.xml file created a new issue -- when I use iStream or mashup links do not load smoothly because the cache is too small I get the error "cache filled before reaching required amount for continuous play".

is there an optimal advancedsettings.xml solution so i can move between p2p-streams and mashup/istream http links ?
I had the same problem, playing HD streams from mash-up was even worse. Currently, there's no way to set a different buffer size per plug-in in the advanced settings.

I did have some luck using XBMCs default player for acestreams and other live internet streams (with the above settings), and an external player (MXPlayerPro) for everything else. HD playback was also much smoother with MX Player. You could use MXPlayerFree also, but some functions are limited.

I think I used the following settings in playercorefactory.xml :

Code:
<playercorefactory>
        <players>
                <player name="MXPlayerFree" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
                        <filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad</filename>
                        <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
                        <playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
                </player>

<player name="MXPlayerPro" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
                        <filename>com.mxtech.videoplayer.pro</filename>
                        <hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
                        <playcountminimumtime>120</playcountminimumtime>
                </player>
        </players>
        <rules action="prepend">
                <rule protocols="acestream" player="DVDPlayer"/>
                <rule filetypes="acelive" player="DVDPlayer"/>
                <!-- <rule internetstream="true" player="DVDPlayer"/> -->
                <rule dvd="true" player="DVDPlayer"/>
                <rule dvdimage="true" player="DVDPlayer"/>
                <rule filetypes="avi|divx|dvx|xvid|f4v|flv|h264|hdmov|m4v|mkv|mov|mp4|mpeg|mpg|ogv|rm|wmv" player="MXPlayerPro"/>
                <rule protocols="smb" player="DVDPlayer"/>
                <rule protocols="rtmp" player="DVDPlayer"/>
                <rule protocols="rtsp" player="DVDPlayer"/>
                <rule protocols="sop" player="DVDPlayer"/>
                <rule video="true" player="DVDPlayer"/>
        </rules>
</playercorefactory>

* The 4 protocol rules under filetypes may also need changing to MXPlayerPro

Of course, you lose all functionality of XBMC until the movie has stopped. In the end, I sold my android STB and blew the dust off my old PC. Now I have no problems like this, everything just works!
Has anyone got around this bug using the default xbmc player?

I recently bought a M8 android media player and loaded TVMC onto it. I've been using p2p-streams this weekend and I am having some issues with acestream. When I'm playing a stream and I click stop, the whole TVMC application locks up then crashes back to the android launcher. Its very irritating. I have imported both of the recommended advancedsettings.xml on the p2p streams application and its still crashing. Is anyone else having this issue?
(2014-10-20, 17:28)daniellog Wrote: Has anyone got around this bug using the default xbmc player?

I recently bought a M8 android media player and loaded TVMC onto it. I've been using p2p-streams this weekend and I am having some issues with acestream. When I'm playing a stream and I click stop, the whole TVMC application locks up then crashes back to the android launcher. Its very irritating. I have imported both of the recommended advancedsettings.xml on the p2p streams application and its still crashing. Is anyone else having this issue?
TVMC is for piracy and is not supported here at all
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119117
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=206950
(2014-10-21, 15:43)Hedda Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 17:28)daniellog Wrote: Has anyone got around this bug using the default xbmc player?

TVMC is for piracy and is not supported here at all
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=119117
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=206950

Well I have tried XBMC and it does exactly the same...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
p2p-streams & XBMC Player (Bug)0