• 4(current)
[UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service
I am thinking about official repo. My only hesitation is because the script scrapes content from the BBC website rather than using an official API.
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
I think that is fine..pretty much the same as accessing from the browser. Quite stable as you're using that php that serves text only. Ask the team before submitting or just submit it explaining your concerns and check if they bring any issues with it. My guess is it would be more than fine/legit to be there. Also bbc as an official website usually doesn't make a lot of changes to it as it normally requires them to pay for it. I have the portuguese tv provider in the official repo (pt bbc equivalent) and it passed just fine (and is really stable despite not having an api...just some php's that return html in plain text as your addon)

Cheers, tonight will test it (linux and android) and report back
I also probably need to download a nightly build of Kodi as my understanding is that you can't launch scripts directly, instead they have to be an addon. This may break some of the league table functionality that I started working on a while ago - would be good to get that finished.
Everything working as planned in both linux (13.2) and android(14rc3). Got a few script errors on android due to missing dependencies on addon.xml in the current version (simplejson and beautifulsoup) but realized (after forking lol) it was already solved and part of the next version. For kodi the addon can't use those dependencies (even if they are installed) if they're not specified in the addon.xml.
Appart from that, the addon is doing its job.

Here are some screenshots of something I started making a while ago but gave up due to unreliable sources/terrible ammount of work needed for skinning. In this case the most reliable sports site I found for scrapping is a livestreams one. Pretty crappy to try to make a legal addon and using a piracy site for scrapping legit info :/

Yup, and that skin issue is exactly the reason why I just stuck using notifications as it should then work for any skins.

If you look at the earlier posts in this thread you'll also see that I started working on League tables using the PyXBMCt addon - but that doesn't adjust for the skins you're using so it's a bit messier.

Thanks for the report on the addon.xml bit - I'll take a look at updating that.
Love this super cool service.
Great work mate.
Peppe
I'd be interested if you have any transparent team icons.

I have the website http://www.thesportsdb.com/ registered and could host them there.
(2014-12-19, 11:32)peppe_sr Wrote: Love this super cool service.
Great work mate.
Peppe
Glad you like it.

(2014-12-19, 11:38)zag Wrote: I'd be interested if you have any transparent team icons.

I have the website http://www.thesportsdb.com/ registered and could host them there.
My script just lifts team logos from the relevant BBC match page but I think it's fairly limited as to what logos it has. Don't think we can copy these to your site. However, I do like the idea of having a database of team badges and would be keen on integrating into the service if it came online.
(2014-12-19, 11:38)zag Wrote: I'd be interested if you have any transparent team icons.

This site is probably my favourite. It has all the main logos (main leagues) in HQ, no background and with that champions league effect:

https://hdlogo.wordpress.com/
(2014-12-19, 16:20)enen92 Wrote:

This site is probably my favourite. It has all the main logos (main leagues) in HQ, no background and with that champions league effect:

https://hdlogo.wordpress.com/

Wow. Ok - there's something to work with there by the look of it. Although mapping logos to the team names on the BBC site would be a slooooow exercise!
Well if the db is filled with "Official team name" and "alternative names" it would be scrapped correctly and quite independent from the site you scrape from. Just a matter of filling the db with time. Im in and easily get some more people to contribute to it and fill the database easily Smile
(2014-12-19, 16:30)enen92 Wrote: Well if the db is filled with "Official team name" and "alternative names" it would be scrapped correctly and quite independent from the site you scrape from. Just a matter of filling the db with time. Im in and easily get some more people to contribute to it and fill the database easily Smile
First off, there is no database of team names - the scraper just picks up live data. To build up a database I'd need to have a script checking every league every day and leave it running to get all team names - that's easy enough to do, just not done yet.
Next question, which is more relevant, is what to do with the logos? Obvious suggestion would be to display the relevant logo when that team scores/wins. Could look to add to league table etc.
For this plugin probably no big interest and hard to make (maybe only showing the team logo of the team who has scored in the notification) but for future work / development of kodi for sports can be huge. You can "easily" make a sports calendar addon (similar to tv show next aired but for sports), you can make league tables, you can find where the game is going to be aired and match it to the channels you have on your pvr, and so many other stuff.
But yes, I'll stop the offtopic on your thread Smile

Keep up the good work
Don't think it's offtopic at all - not if we're discussing things that can be done to improve the script. So all suggestions/comments are most welcome.
(2014-12-19, 16:34)el_Paraguayo Wrote:
(2014-12-19, 16:30)enen92 Wrote: Well if the db is filled with "Official team name" and "alternative names" it would be scrapped correctly and quite independent from the site you scrape from. Just a matter of filling the db with time. Im in and easily get some more people to contribute to it and fill the database easily Smile
First off, there is no database of team names - the scraper just picks up live data. To build up a database I'd need to have a script checking every league every day and leave it running to get all team names - that's easy enough to do, just not done yet.
DB script up and running!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service3