• 3(current)
[UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service
(2014-09-30, 20:10)el_Paraguayo Wrote: Short answer is, unfortunately, no.

The code uses a python module that I wrote to retrieve scores from the BBC website. While the site does include most European leagues, it doesn't include leagues from the rest of the world, including Latin America.

It would need a massive rewrite of the code to do this as I would need to parse different websites, each with their own formats. Sadly, I don't have the time to do it.

I see, well thanks anyways I installed the addon and will see how the notifications come in over the next few days when there's actually some matches going on. I see that there is the Argentina and Brazilian leagues as well as the MLS so that's a start. Hopefully the BBC website keeps adding more leagues.
Well that's good news.

To the extent that the BBC adds new leagues, the addon should pick these up automatically (although it won't tell you that they're available without you updating the list of leagues which you're following).
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
Just discovered your addon and think its great, so thanks for creating it. Just one request, is it possible to set how long a notification displays for? as its very quick to go at the moment.
Glad you like it.

In terms of the notification display time, this is currently hardcoded. If you want to increase it, just change the "2000" (milliseconds) in this line: https://github.com/elParaguayo/service.b...lt.py#L158
el_Paraguayo thanks for putting this together, I've been using it for a few weeks and it's awesome. I notice also some script errors now and then, probably a good ideia to include some sort of exception handling in the code. This normally happens, i guess, when kodi can't reach the website.
Yup. I've seen those too but thanks for reporting.

I've been working on the underlying module a fair bit (made quite a neat indicator for Ubuntu if anyone's interested...) and the error handling for no internet connection is next on my list.

Once that's done I'll try to push an update out.
I think I've ironed out the bugs into the football module. I just need to do some testing with this script and then I'll push an update to github.
I run arch with cinnamon, once tried to make a simple appindicator in python to see how it was made and it worked fine. So yeap I'm interested Smile
Cinnamon applets are written in Java. I tried doing this when I had Mint installed on my laptop but I just didn't know enough (well, any) java to do this well. The problem is the code that gets the scores is a python module. What I ended up doing in Mint was to have a background python script getting the scores and churning out a JSON feed which the java script could read and display. Not a particularly satisfying solution.

I'm now using Ubuntu with Unity and these indicators can be written in python which makes my life much easier!
(2014-12-07, 20:20)enen92 Wrote: el_Paraguayo thanks for putting this together, I've been using it for a few weeks and it's awesome. I notice also some script errors now and then, probably a good ideia to include some sort of exception handling in the code. This normally happens, i guess, when kodi can't reach the website.
OK. I've pushed version 0.1.1 to Github. This should fix this problem.
Thanks for this, just found it!
(2014-12-16, 13:23)zag Wrote: Thanks for this, just found it!
My pleasure.
Hi El Paraguayo,
is there any chance to make it work on android boxes?
Thanks.
Well I don't have an Android box so there's nothing for me to test on which makes this rather difficult. I could, in theory, try it on my phone but I think debugging on that would be quite a painful process so I'm not going to do it.

What errors are you getting in your log file?
My bad probably I was using somekind of ubuntu derivative back then. Thanks for the update havent installed it yet but surely will do it tonight. Kodi could be much better for sports freaks but the absence of an opensource api/ database makes the ideas rather unpratical.

I have an android box, count me in for debugging and code contributions (if there' s a bug in the first place lol).

Thank you again for the awesome plugin. If it proves stable in a short period please consider to submit it to the official repo Smile
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[UPDATED] BBC Live Football Scores service3