Odd issue in Live TV (Myth PVR)
Hello Folks,

Thanks to the fellows that helped me get Myth backend working with XBMCs Myth PVR in Gotham.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194783

Now that things are communicating, I am having a couple of odd issues in XBMC with the Live TV.

The first issue is channels that are muxed such as my local PBS affiliate. Channels 3.1~3.4.
If I click on 3.1 and use the up arrow or just click on the next channel, all the following channels 3.2~3.4 remain the same, the numbers are different but the programming is the same show.
If I select a single channel, lets say channel 40, if I click any other channel (different mux) it will switch to the proper channel. Here in Tampa, Florida, ION (WXPX) is a 9 channel mux. Three of the 9 are encrypted since it is three premium movie channels such as Showtime.
When randomly clicking or using the arrows on any of the 9 muxed channels in that grouping they show as the same programming as from the first selection from the mux.

The second issue may or may not be a issue. It could be user error or maybe not.
I noticed channels are randomly being recorded. I am thinking that this is due to the PVR feature of shuttling forward or backwards on a specific program you may be watching.
The issue is that as I select another channel sometimes the original channel keeps recording and the function is not released. Thus leaving bits of recordings on the hard drive from the various channels while hopping around. Usually I have to manually erase the recording remnants left behind after channel hopping.
I am not sure if this is due to something I did not set correctly or it is an issue.
I would think that after changing to another channel that these would automatically be erased, if not while channel hopping but at least after leaving Live TV or exiting a session of XBMC such as going to desk top or shutting down for the evening. The recordings stay there taking up hard drive space again leading to the need of manually erasing the files.

Is it my settings for all the above or is there a issue/bug in Gotham?

Thanks again for putting up with all my detailed info.
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+ × 2
Memory: 2GiB
Graphics: GeForce 7050 PV / nForce 630a/integrated/SSE2
HardDrive: 320 GB
DVB: AVerTVHD MCE A180
Keyboard/Mouse: Wireless
OS Type: 14.04 64-bit Trusty
Kodi: 14.x
Receiver: Onkyo TX-SR606
TV: Vizio 42" LCD
Computer was formerly a Captiveworks 3000 HTPC
Live TV fragments will stay around for 1 or 2 days and are then auto deleted. As far as channel numbers are concerned there are issues with sub channels like 3-2. I am not sure of details but you might need to renumber like 32. The channel numbers are completely arbitrary.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi Nick,

That's not an issue, 1~2 days then deleted.
When it comes to the channel numbering, that can get a bit messy. So lets say I renumber 3-2 to 32, would that not interfere with the actual channel 32? Or unless I have that backwards, renumbering just the channel tags and leaving the actual assigned channel designation the same will correct it. So is the PVR/Frontend looking at the user's numbering or the service assigned channel within the mux?
I guess that is something the V4L is eventually going to have to fix. But then again the U.S. has there system arse backwards anyway.
It's probably so simple
Why am I confoozed
Eek

Thanks again
Yeah I am sure there are details here somewhere on what you should do. Hard to search on though.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=157676

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1473668
Thanks again Nick
Looks interesting. Adding the extra fields to the database is not that hard but having to make the changes in the code then re-compiling XBMC is beyond me.
I kick myself for not learning to program with the newer languages. I did COBOL, SNOBOL and standard machine language when I was a kid. As they say "Can't teach an old dog new tricks."

Thanks again
Now I will proceed in kicking myself.
Oo
Just a quick follow up.
I think it may not just be due to the channel numbering but the way each station formats their information. I still get the repeat of programming on a 4 or 6 multichannel mux, but not with all the 2 and 3 muxed channels.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help