Bug Gotham - MV Scraping
I am having trouble scraping music videos. Ones that used to scrape, no longer scrape (you can tell they used to work because playcount > 0 in the nfo).

I have seen cases where removing [ (1998)] everything between square brackets at the end of the folder name suddenly allows it to scrap. I had two ".38 Special" mv's. One scraped and one didn't. I removed the leading period from the folder name of the folder that wouldn't scrape, and now it does scrape.

Simple file names like "Aerosmith - Pink" don't scrape. "Alice In Chains - I Stay Away" has problems too. But "Alice In Chains - Would" does scrape.

I see no patterns to guide me. XBMC's MV scraping support has always been weak BUT it seems to me that the new "local information scraper" should deal with any custom NFO I have made that was properly formed!!! It doesn't. I cannot find a bit of documentation on that scraper.

I have a folder of 400 MVs. 323 scrape. Its a huge amount of work to find out 20% will never work! I have 1000-2000 videos to manually enter. HELP!

PS Changing scrapers doesn't really solve the problem. And I don't mind custom building the files, I just want them to work when I am done!

EDIT: Just for comparison I used a Frodo machine and pointed it at the same folder of MV's and it found over 400 MVs. It was using the MTV scraper. None of the current scrapers do nearly as good a job as the old MTV scraper. Please improve something!
OK - my fault. I had Hide Watched turned on on the Gotham machine. The tip off was when I noticed the files weren't showing up in file mode or in library mode.
So sorry.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham - MV Scraping0