Req Archive-FLAG displaying status of file on-/offline
Lightbulb 
Hello,

I'm using XBMC on my raspberry pi('s) with XBIAN.

Because I have a lot of films/tv-shows I have different (two at the moment) NAS-Systems. One for archiving purposes (videos I've watched) an another one for daily use with new video meterial.
I use WOL on both storages.

I'm missing a feature/flag which displays together with the information like mkv, 1080p, dts, on which storage the video is stored so I can wake up the correct storage or better, a flag that display on which storage the file is stored and if the storage is online (maybe two different icons one for online and another for offline).
It would be awesome, if there is an option in the future to WOL the storage for a specific file/film/tv-show via remote/menu.

Kind regards an my respect for your work in XBMC

TSCH
cU

xbmc4me
There's already a WakeOnAccess method in XBMC 13.0. See System Settings -> System -> Power saving -> Try to wake remote servers on access.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@vdrfan

Thanks a lot for your quick answer.

Does "on access" mean, when I start watching the movie or if I display the details in XBMC. The latter is what I wouldn't like.
How does XBMC "know" the MAC-address, when I use two different NAS-systems?

Kind regards

TSCH
cU

xbmc4me
It should wake "OnAccess". Viewing the library item should not trigger it unless the directory or file is accessed. XBMC knows about your media sources and will use the correct MAC (at least it does from a brief look at the code :p).

Just give it a try and report back if it's working for you.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
@vdrfan

The corresponding NAS seems to receive the WOL even if I just browse the metadata.
Is there any chance of configuring this feature that only the NAS gets its WOL when I open the video file?
I want to browse through the film descriptions but without awakeing the storage. Maybe a popup when playing a film if the nas is not reachable (asleep) to get a confirmation like "NAS is asleep, do you want to send WOL?: YES/NO)?

Kind regards

XBMC4me
cU

xbmc4me
That's not possible right now. In theory it should not wake it up when just browsing the video library. You've browsed it via the Video Files view? What skin do you use? Maybe the skin or an addon triggered the wake by trying to access additional files (like eg. extra artwork) in the actual video directory.
Amber is the skin of my choice.

Yes, I've browsed via Video Files.
cU

xbmc4me
Any chance for an option in a future version of XBMC like "Check availability before playing file"?
cU

xbmc4me
Mind trying it again with stock Confluence and using the actual video library to browse? Ideally this should not trigger a WakeOnAccess event to the media source.

As for the request, please file a feature request ticket over at trac.xbmc.org.
Tried it again with Amber. NAS was started when I startet to play the film giving me a message "that NAS got WOL" ore something like this.
Great!

Thanks a lot for your help and the hint with System Settings -> System -> Power saving -> Try to wake remote servers on access.
cU

xbmc4me
Glad to hear that it worked for you.
Any changes in actual XBMC? Auto WOL is not working. Disabled and enabled it but not displaying any MAC found nor awaking NAS.
cU

xbmc4me
That's strange. You've update to a nightly and the feature stopped working?
Thanx for your quick reply.

No, nix nightly.

I enabled automatic updates in raspbmc and after a system restart the option is available but seems not to work.
I'll take a closer look tonight when back home.
cU

xbmc4me

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Archive-FLAG displaying status of file on-/offline0