Website for Ooba patterns?
i've been tossing the idea around for awhile now. my plan is to have a wiki type site where people can upload their ooba pattern, and it can be edited by others. the reason for that is sites change quite often, and the original author's of the pattern don't always have the time to fix it. so why not let others fix and/improve it?

i see a lot of praise for ooba on all of the scripting sites, but i really don't see too many people posting patterns anywhere.

i'm more than willing to try and get something like this going, and host it off my site if there is some demand for it... and if people are willing to submit their ooba patterns. i'm not that great with regular expressions, so there wouldn't be too many added by myself until i learn more about it.

just an idea, if people are interested let me know, and if you're willing to help out either leave a message here or email me at [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]
this idea could be taken one step further

to make a site where all "web parsing scripts" could put crucial patterns
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

that's not a bad idea at all. after i posted that last message i was thinking about adding in flexibrowser support. i don't know about any other web parsing scripts, but it's something worth looking into if others are interested in this.
well regardless of the fact that there wasn't too much evident support for it, i'm going to throw something together. the site will be online at:
http://parsepile.infornography.net

there will be a xbmc -> ooba and an xbmc -> flexibrowser catagory. (along with other catgories for web parsers that i'm compiling for another project)

i start adding the patterns that are included with ooba and flexibrowser, along with a couple others i have found sometime tonight. the site is set up on a wiki, so when a site changes it's layout, the parser on parserpile will be able to be edited on the fly to make the parser (pattern) work with the script.

eventually i'll add in support where you'll mark checkboxes with which parsers you want and it will automatically generate the script so you can just ftp that file to the xbox and enjoy.

again- anyone with parsers/patterns they wouldn't mind me adding please contact me at [email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]

thanks-
-beej
what is wrong with using xbmcscripts.com?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
the parsers are something you use with scripts, not scripts themselves. for example:

when you load up flexibrowser and scroll down to gamefaqs to get that gta3 code, it's a parser for the gamefaqs site that lets you view it.

so if someone built a parser for slashdot or cnn.com, i would post it on my site and you would save that parser to ooba or flexibrowser so you can actully browse the content.

i'm not trying to make another script site. xbmcscripts.com does a pretty good job as it is. i'm just trying to add more content to pre-existing scripts. this site will hold parsers for other things also, including pc applications. it will be more of a developer site when it's finished, but my intial build of the site will be aimed more towards xbmc users... so we all have more content to view on the xbizzy.

i know what it is... but xbmcscripts.com is a good repositor for everything xbmc script related, thus is makes perfect logic to store them there.

if you want added categorization to the site then ask enderw to add it.

the more places you make people go the less likely they are to go there... or know about them.

this is the reason xbmcscripts.com was started in the first place.

maybe one reason people don't post patterns is because not that many people have created them... or even use ooba. i do not. personally i find it annoying that i must start a script just to get to something i want. i like direct script access... one click and i'm at the content i want. i'm not knocking ooba as i'm sure the code is nice but there should be a way to "call" the script and associate pattern from command line so you do not need to open another menu.

in the interest of all xbmc users, please work with enderw to store them there.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Website for Ooba patterns?0