Solved ImageLib-x86-osx.so Causing Crash?
Iv'e been experiencing some problems when working with the Artwork database, causing crashes. I first noticed this while working with the Texture Cache Maintenance utility. Here is the debug output from that.

http://pastebin.com/aPk0QC5f

And then I noticed a very similar problem when working with Artwork Organizer. Here is that debug log:

http://pastebin.com/dQdJUsX9

This is very reproducible for me, happens every time I try them now. It seems to be related to ImageLib-x86-osx.so because once thats loaded XBMC immediately crashes. Other than that I can't make heads or tails of it.

Anyone have any thoughts?
Find the images that are causing it. That will allow others to reproduce.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

So it's a specific image you think? I guess that makes sense. I'll pour over the logs and do some testing. I will update when I have more info.

Question though, does this line have any specific meaning?

WARNING: JpegIO: Error 55: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x
If you add @logfile=/tmp/tc.log to the texturecache.py call you might be able to determine which image is being processed immediately prior to the webserver errors.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks that really helped. I was able to locate the offending files, remove them, and run the utilities.
That's actually a shame, as I'm pretty sure it would have been more useful for a developer to reproduce, understand what is happening, and then implement safeguards so that XBMC doesn't crash in future when handling similar artwork. Do you not still have the removed artwork available somewhere?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Oh. Sorry. I didn't think of that. I removed them using rm so can't recover from trash. Unfortunately there are no backups for my external media, only for the computer itself. I assume its just run of the mill data corruption though. Dang. I just got so exited that I fixed the problem I didn't think to copy them somewhere else.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ImageLib-x86-osx.so Causing Crash?0