Problem streaming from Airfoil to XBMC
Hi,
Sending audio from my Mac (OSX 10.9.3) to different Raspberries running RaspBMC was working fine until last week.
Two things happened, I upgraded from previous version of Airfoil to 4.8.5 and I upgraded RaspBMC to last stable (XBMC 13.1-BETA2 Git:20140519-721e95f).
Since then, Airfoil connect to XBMC as the two Raspberries are shown as active in Airfoil and I can connect or disconnect them with no error message, but no sound comes out and XBMC interface freezes, I can't navigate until I disconnect XBMC from Airfoil on my Mac.
Once disconnected from Airfoil, I can navigate in XBMC with no problem and without having to reboot.
Sending audio from iTunes via Airplay to both RaspBMC works fine, so Airplay is active and functional on both.
Sending audio from Airfoil to Apple TV works fine to, so Airplay seams to works too on Airfoil side.

I have the exact same behavior with latest stable XBMC running on my MacBook Air. It is showing in Airfoil and I can connect to it, but no sound comes out and interface freezes.

I looked for an answer on Google, but nothing came out.

I send a message to Airfoil support and they told me that they've received another report for this problem and that they we're doing some additional investigation as to what might have happened.
They asked me if I could get anything from the developers of the XBMC software, or can capture any logs from the software, that is why I'm posting this thread.

I would like to send them some logs, but I don't know where to find verbose logs as the one in .xbmc/temp/xbmc.log doesn't seam to show anything of interrest.

Thank you for your help.
Same problem here with Airfoil (or OSX default AirPlay streaming) and Raspbmc. With iTunes or iOS devices everything works fine. This bothers me because I can't stream Spotify from my Mac to XBMC. With Shairport on others Pi distro everything works fine.
I read somewhere that you need to enable Airplay debugging by hand, since i
Hi, i had the same issue as described by the thread starter. i just found a solution to this issue.

I'm running ubuntu on my htpc, so if you have the same issue and are also running ubuntu / debian this might solve it for you.

what i did was disabling ipv6 by adding

Code:
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1

to the end off /etc/sysctl.conf then reboot

you can verify if ipv6 is enabled or disabled by running
Code:
cat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6
in a terminal, if it gives you an 1 its off and the above fix is unnecessary and something els is causing this issue for you, if it gives you a 0 its enabled and this might help you.

hope this helps someone, this have been bugging me for a whileTongue
That worked for me on my rbmc xbmc 13.2. Thank you .eh.!
Wink 
(2014-08-28, 17:08).eh. Wrote: Hi, i had the same issue as described by the thread starter. i just found a solution to this issue.
hope this helps someone, this have been bugging me for a whileTongue

On raspbmc June 2014 IPv6 was enabled (returned 0), disabled like you said and now it works! Thank you Wink
Followed the instruction given by .eh. and it's working great.
Thank you very much and sorry for late reply.
Happy to help! glad that it worked Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem streaming from Airfoil to XBMC0