Resume with Library strm files
Can someone give some advise on the right way to resume when playing back from a library scanned strm file?

I can do all of the following:
  • Get an XBMC bookmark stored for the chosen library item that is the strm file (using GetXXDetails JSON call)
  • Store an XBMC bookmark for the played library item when playback is stopped (using SetXXDetails JSON call)
  • Trigger the "Start from beginning"/Resume XBMC dialog by setting the ResumeTime & TotalTime on the listitem passed to setResolvedUrl

The problem though is when the user picks "Start from beginning" in the resume dialog, XBMC still resumes from the bookmark point.

The question is: What am I doing wrong? Is there someway to know which choice the user picks in the resume dialog? Should the start/resume happen automatically by setting a property on the listitem a certain way? Does anyone know of an addon that does this properly with Library scanned strm files?

I've spent hours on this problem and still haven't found a way to make this work.
After spending a while trying to figure this out by digging through the actual XBMC code, I think I've found the reason. What I think I've discovered is that XBMC looks up the bookmark twice: once to popup the resume/start at beginning dialog and again during the call to PlayFile (Line 3392 of Application.cpp) to actually set the StartOffSet. Both times it uses the full path of the list item to do the lookup (since in both places the same method is eventually called).

The problem comes in if the actual playable path used in the list item passed to SetResolvedUrl doesn't match the original library item (i.e. the library strm file) then the lookup in PlayFile will fail and XBMC will not actually continue regardless of what choice the user makes in the initial resume dialog. Can anyone who understands the code base confirm that my understanding is correct?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Resume with Library strm files0