XBMCbuntu - no programs start
Ok, I've been using XBMCbuntu Gotham using the live disc trial for some time with no problems, so I decided to bite the bullet and do a proper install to a local harddrive.

The install went fine, but now I've some very unusual problems.

If I have a Windows MCE remote connected, the system boots, opens XBMC - and then the system completely crashes with flickering artefacts all over the screen. Keyboard, mouse and remote are unresponsive, and the only way to recover the system is to switch off at the mains.

If the remote is NOT connected, I get to the XBMC splash screen, which then returns to the XBMCbuntu desktop login, then the splash screen, then the login screen, and so on for about 5 or 6 times until it just stays at the login page.

I can then login to XBMCbuntu desktop, open the file manager, open a terminal etc. - but no programs will open. Or more precisely, they open for a millisecond and then close again.

I'm at a complete loss because the system works absolutely fine booting off the trial option from the live disc, which I've got on an SD card with a 4Gb writable section. I'm also not sure how the remote can bork the installed version when it has no negative effect on the trial version.

System specs are:
AMD Athlon II Neo K325 dual core CPU
2GB DDR3 RAM
250GB SATA hard drive
Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 9200 graphics

Any suggestions about what to do or what info you need from me? I did investigate whether it might be a driver issue as I understand there have been issues with some Nvidia and AMD hardware on Gotham, but surely it can't be a driver issue if the trial version works?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu - no programs start0