Time to upgrade - advice needed please
Hi there

I have an Asus E35M1-i integrated motehrboard/cpu:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/E35M1I_DELUXE/

Mounted in this case:

http://www.amazon.com/Wesena-ITX6-S-Silv...B0052T758E

Have put up with having to terminate all programs other that PowerDVD13 or XBMC or TMT to allow stutter free bluray playback.

System unable to play 3D Bluray ISO due to extreme jitter (CPU is maxed out at 100%) - something I would like to be able to do.

Question 1: Can 3D ISO playback be achieved through adding a graphics card (which would mean a new case and PSU)?

Question 2: Would I be better off in upgrading the motherboard and CPU instead? (Perhaps Intel i3-4130T and Gigabyte GA-H87N)

Any comments or thoughts would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Kevin
Anyone......Huh
You've answered your own question.

If you want to keep the case. Then change the integrated mobo for a separate mobo and processor.

If you're not fussed on the case. Buy a graphics card and new case.

Smile
Modded MK1 NUC - CLICK ----- NUC Wiki - CLICK

Bay Trail NUC FTW!

I've donated, have you?

Why not a low profile video card? That should fit in the case.
Thanks for the responses

(2014-06-01, 13:23)jammyb Wrote: You've answered your own question.

If you want to keep the case. Then change the integrated mobo for a separate mobo and processor.

Smile

I guess I had LOL

I guess a new motherboard/CPU would bring other advantages.......?

(2014-06-02, 05:20)LazerBlue Wrote: Why not a low profile video card? That should fit in the case.

I believe I need a more powerful PSU (400W) as the current set up is powered by a 60W PicoPSU?
(2014-06-02, 11:40)kevtotty Wrote: Thanks for the responses

(2014-06-01, 13:23)jammyb Wrote: You've answered your own question.

Smile

I guess I had LOL

I guess a new motherboard/CPU would bring other advantages.......?

More responsive UI, the removal of any problems where cpu power is holding you back. I personally like the option of upgrading the CPU, but I do not know what cpu to get that will give you the flawless 3d playback.

(2014-06-02, 11:40)kevtotty Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 05:20)LazerBlue Wrote: Why not a low profile video card? That should fit in the case.

I believe I need a more powerful PSU (400W) as the current set up is powered by a 60W PicoPSU?

How does this relate to a low-profile card differently than a full-size card. Also, an upgrade is psu might be necessary eitherway, but it's doubtful you would need a 400watt to meet your basics requirements.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Time to upgrade - advice needed please0