AeonNox 5 - Creating new themes
(2014-07-14, 05:09)locoguano Wrote: I'd love to see a "minimalist" theme since the minimalist mod is not being maintained anymore.

Thanks, nice find. Didn't know this exsisted. I could use some of the elements to improve the light-theme for AN5.

As for a minimalist-theme, that could be done. But only textures and font color. A theme will not handle the way views work and how the different panels are placed. A mod is needed for that.
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Just a quick question: Is there a variable or a setting that we can check to see what Theme or Color is currently selected?
(2014-09-12, 00:01)Maniac Wrote: Just a quick question: Is there a variable or a setting that we can check to see what Theme or Color is currently selected?
Skin.CurrentTheme / Skin.CurrentColourTheme ( http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=InfoLabels )
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
Thanks phil, didn't see that infolabel Smile
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok, here it goes, first atempt on a White-theme for Aeon Nox 5. Tested on Helix, but should also work on Gotham.
Download v1.0
Move the content of the .zip file into aeon.nox.5 skin folder. (Do not atempt to install the .zip via Kodi).

It's kinda still WIP, but I am quite happy with the result and it is usable. Some of the default backdrops are perhaps too dark for the theme, but users can change them in the settings.

watch gallery
Hi Maniac,

Many thanks for this theme. Like it a lot. Just could not find the background images in the download... :-(
Anyways, went on to search b&w backgrounds (to fit the scheme) and eventually found some in the download here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1626912

I think your theme and these backgrounds go VERY well together. Just if someone wants to give it a try...

Cheers,
M4tt0
Nice find! Yeah this theme does not include any backdrops, it's just a theme. I did not want to overwrite anything original from the skin. And backdrops are a personal preference so it's hard to get it right for everyone. Smile
thank you very much for the white theme. was missing this very much!
Maybe time to blue/black or blue/gold or black/red ?
if i may suggest a color change / new theme:
white, but instead of having a cyan accent (selected text) use blood red instead.
(2014-09-13, 13:49)a_user Wrote: if i may suggest a color change / new theme:
white, but instead of having a cyan accent (selected text) use blood red instead.

The theme is made so that you can do that yourself Smile Just edit the white.xml in the colors folder.
Code:
Cyan
12. <color name="themecolor">FF29a2a3</color>
13. <color name="themecolor_transparent">8829a2a3</color>
17. <color name="labelheader">FF29a2a3</color>

Code:
Blood red example
12. <color name="themecolor">FFa90303</color>
13. <color name="themecolor_transparent">88a90303</color>
17. <color name="labelheader">FFa90303</color>

Keep the first two letters of each color, that is the transparency level.
oh nice! Thanks!

sadly this is not enough. seems some texture have to replaced e.g. the up down arrows are cyan when selected etc. or the currently select channel number in pvr view.
Yes that is true, places where the skin uses colored textures will not be affected by color change in the xml file. For that you need to change the skin files, and that is a lot of work for now Smile

But if I get time, I might create themes such as "WhiteRed", "WhiteOrange", "WhiteBlue" ect. And replace the colored textures as well.
would be nice.
Funny! Had the same thought. WhiteRed would be perfect!
+1 :-)

And I somehow need to get rid of the funny boarders in the background pictures I linked above... Will see whether I can manage that...
carefull guys.

seems there was just an update to aoen nox 5 psuhed to the servers. the autoupdate caused the removal of the manually installed color theme Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AeonNox 5 - Creating new themes1